Chapter 130:

I run through the halls to try and find Owen. I got a page saying that a tanker blew and I wasn't going to miss the opportunity. I end up finding my dad with Ross.

Delilah: you got the page about the tanker?
Dad: yeah. Which intern do you have on your service?
Delilah: Carlson, as usual.

As Carlson runs to my side, we end up finding Owen.

Delilah: Owen!
Owen: Shepherd, Avery-Shepherd, what are you doing?
Delilah: we got your page.
Dad: a tanker blew?
Owen: a tanker didn't blow. I meant, what are you doing with Ross and Carlson? Didn't you get the memo?
Der&Del: we're supposed to read those?
Owen: I need you to start using other interns. I can't have Attendings playing favourites. These kids need a well-rounded education.
Dad: Ross, are you poorly rounded?
Ross: no sir, I'm very rounded.
Delilah: Carlson, do you feel poorly rounded?
Reggie: no ma'am.
Delilah: see? They're very rounded.
Dad: exactly.

Suddenly, Bailey and Webber join the group.

Bailey: hey, I heard about the accident. A tanker blew?
Owen: a tanker didn't blow.
Delilah: that's just sad.

Owen and my dad look at me in concern.

Dad: it is scary that you get excited about traumas. Should I be concerned? Are you concerned Hunt?
Owen: I love it.

I chuckle at my mentor and playfully punch my dad.

Delilah: Bailey, I haven't seen you outside your genome for a week.
Dad: me too.
Webber: oh, speaking of which, when can I have my genome mapped? I have an aunt who died of breast cancer.

We all look at Dr. Webber.

Webber: it can happen in males.
Bailey: uh, no. Yeah, it can. It's just, now I'm thinking about your breasts.

I chuckle at Bailey as Owen helps me put a trauma gown on.

Webber: when did you say that tanker blew?
Owen: the tanker did not blow.

I make a sad face along with Bailey and Webber.

Owen: don't look so disappointed.
Delilah: too late, I already am.

My dad looks at me in concern as we run out to the ambulance bay to meet with the paramedic.

Paramedic: Cam Miller, restrained passenger in a vehicle t-boned on its side. Vital signs stable. GCS is 14. He's been disoriented.

When the paramedic opens the door, I immediately get hit with the scent of gasoline, causing me to cough.

Paramedic: yeah, the tanker's been leaking gas all over the road. We did a primary decontamination on scene, but we had to get him outta there.
Delilah: alright, no open flames, no smokers or use of cauteries.
Owen: be safe people.

I run with Owen to the next patient.

Paramedic: Rachel Dawson, 42. Restrained passenger in a car with front-end damage. Closed head injury. BP 110/70. Pulse 95.
Rachel: where's my son? Who has Ethan? Does my husband have Ethan?
Paramedic: I told her they're right behind us.
Dad: let's get her evaluated.

I run with Owen to the next ambulance.

Paul: Rachel! Rachel, I'm here!
Paramedic: Paul Dawson, 45. Restrained driver with major intrusion into his area of the vehicle. Bruises to the chest. BP 90/60. Pulse 120.
Paul: where's– where's my son? Where's Ethan?
Delilah: sir, don't worry. Your son is on his way. Everything is going to be okay.

The father gets wheeled in as we run to the last ambulance.

Paramedic: Ethan Dawson, 10 years old. Restrained in the backseat. No obvious injuries except for a minor wrist lac. He was walking around at the scene.
Owen: Ethan, my name is Dr. Hunt, and this is Dr. Avery-Shepherd.
Ethan: are my mom and dad dead?
Delilah: no sweetheart, your mom and dad are right inside. You'll see them soon, okay? Don't worry sweetheart, we've got you. We're gonna take good care of you. Okay?
Ethan: okay.
Delilah: good boy. Let's go guys!