Chapter 72:

A lot has happened this week. A patient of my dad's died, he ended up getting a lawsuit, him and Mark got into a fight after Mark revealed that he is seeing Lexie, my dad refused to come to work after what happened with the lawsuit and his patient, but the most heartbreaking news... Izzie has skin cancer that's spread to her brain. We've admitted her into the hospital and I've made a promise to myself that I'm not going to rest until we can cure Izzie.

I get woken up to the sound of my phone ringing. I groan in exhaustion as I pick up the phone and check the caller ID. I answer the call when I realize it's Meredith.

Me- Mer, it is three in the morning
Meredith- I'm in front of your apartment, get your ass out of bed. We need to go to Cristina's.
Me- Mer, what's going on?
Meredith- Callie called me. Owen choked Cristina.
Me- HE WHAT?! You know what, say no more. I'll meet you in the hall.

I hang up the phone, throw on a sweater and meet Mer in the hallway. We bolt to Cristina and Callie's apartment and bust into the room. I see Callie screaming at Owen and I glare at the man before making a beeline towards the bathroom.

Delilah: Cristina? Cris, open the door. It's me and Mer. Come on Cris, open up.

I hear Cristina's footsteps then I hear the door unlock. I swing the door open to let Mer and I inside and then we shut the door. My heart breaks when I see one of my best friends standing in front of the mirror.

Meredith: what's going on? Owen's out there upset, Callie was screaming and—
Cristina: no changes in visual acuity, no petechiae. I'm fine.
Delilah: Cris, no you're not. He hurt you!
Cristina: I'm– I'm fine.

My eyes grow wide when I see a giant red hand mark around Cristina's neck.

Delilah: oh my god. Cris, your neck!!
Meredith: I will kill him!
Delilah: I second it. He's dead—
Cristina: no no no, it was a nightmare. He had a nightmare.

I turn my head when I hear a knock at the door. I notice Owen's figure leaning against the door and my blood begins to boil.

Owen: Cristina, please. Is she alright Meredith, Delilah? I just need to know that she's alright.

Cristina goes towards the door but Mer and I block her.

Delilah: oh no no no no! Absolutely not.
Meredith: Cristina, no.

Despite our reprimands, Cristina goes for the door and opens it to reveal a distressed Owen.

Owen: I am so sorry. I don't know what happened. I don't remember. I don't know what happened. I'm sorry.
Cristina: look at me.
Owen: I'm sorry. I-I—
Cristina: look at me.

I scoff as Owen looks at Cristina.

Cristina: I'm fine. See? It's okay. You were asleep. It's okay. Okay?

I stare at my best friend in shock as Cristina hugs Owen to calm him down.

-later in the morning-

I decided to do a few things for my dad considering today is his first day back at the hospital since his breakdown.

Alex: Del!
Delilah: hey Alex. You okay?
Alex: are you sure your dad should be cutting into brains today?
Delilah: Alex, my dad is fine. He's trying to move on. He's gonna be okay Alex. Today is his first day back and he'll be fine.
Alex: this is not just any patient Del. It's Izzie.
Delilah: Alex, I understand that you are nervous about Izzie. Believe me, so am I. Do you trust me?
Alex: yeah.
Delilah: then you need to trust me when I say that my dad will be okay. Please trust me Alex... trust him.
Alex: ... okay.

Stole My Heart ❤️ {A Jackson Avery love story}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara