Chapter 157:

After comforting Dylan and April, I got paged to the ER for incoming traumas. As much as I hated leaving them, I have to do my job.

-in the morning-

I'm standing in the ER with Owen trying to help control the chaos that is going on with the trauma that came in.

Bailey: it's a mess in here.
Owen: yeah, Kepner's out. Things don't run right without her.
Delilah: Owen's right. She's way better at this than I am. There's a GSW in bed five. Can you take that Bailey?
Bailey: yeah, b-but how are they– Kepner and Hudson?
Delilah: no word.
Callie: I'm admitting that femur break in bed six. Bed five needs a RT consult.
Owen: okay, hold on. Hold on, um—
Callie: okay, well, where's Kepner? I can just tell her.
Delilah: her and Dylan are out today.
Callie: oh god, today? Okay, what are we gonna do for them?
Ben: flowers? No, that's weird.
Callie: yeah, no. What else can we do for them?
Alex: do for who?
Everyone: Kepner and Hudson.
Alex: oh god, what do you do?
Jo: flowers?
Ben: vetoed.
Bailey: food? Who cooks?
Callie: nobody cooks.
Delilah: hey! I do. But I don't think food is the best way to go here.
Jo: we could do a fruit basket? We could sign a card.
Delilah: mnh-mnh.
Jo: okay, I'm stopping.
Amy: I lit a candle in the chapel. It made me feel better. You can all just, um, give them privacy. That's all they're gonna want.

I walk off to do just that. I make it to the chapel and I light a candle and begin to pray.

Delilah: dear Lord, please watch over Dylan and April during this tragic part of their life. They are good people who deserve to be happy and deserve a happy family. They never deserved any of this. They are two wonderful and innocent people who deserve to have a happy, healthy baby. Please watch over them.

I stay in the chapel for a while.

-later-

Dylan tells me that April was taken into a room to be induced so I don't hesitate to bolt to their room.

April: Delilah, you don't have to be here.
Delilah: nonsense. You guys are my friends, I'm not going anywhere.

Suddenly, I get a page from Mer.

Dylan: go.
Delilah: no, I'm not going anywhere.
Dylan: we really appreciate you wanting to be there for us, but it's okay.

I let out a sigh then nod my head.

Delilah: I am here if you want me.

I kiss both Dylan and April before running off to find Meredith.

Delilah: what's up?
Meredith: I'm supposed to be on call this weekend and I was hoping you'd take it.
Delilah: you... you paged me to take your on call shift? Mer, I was in the middle of comforting April and Dylan. And you know that I already took the weekend off to visit dad too. Sorry Mer.

I run off to the ER.

-later-

I find myself going into the chapel again to pray and I brought Jackson and the twins with me when we walk in, we see Dylan sitting at the very front.

Dylan: God... I don't know. I don't know, uh... if you're out there or not, um, or if you can even hear people who don't know if you're out there. Or if you give a crap about what they say. But, um... God, Yahweh, Buddha, ET, whatever... April... knows. Right? She believes. And she needs you. So, uh... um, show up for her? Please? Show up for April. She loves you. She needs you. Please, uh... show up for her. Please.

I walk over to Dylan, sit next to him and kiss his forehead. Dylan leans his head on my shoulder and breaks down. I felt tears in my eyes as I place my head on top of my brother's and kiss his head again. I didn't have to say anything to him, all he needed was the comfort.

-later-

I'm currently on the phone with my dad to relieve my stress.

Me- there's been a lot going on and I've been really stressed. You're the one person who can calm me down and tell me that everything will be okay.
Dad- everything will be okay hon. Whatever it is, it'll be okay.
Me- I can't wait to see you. I've been really missing you lately.
Dad- me too hon. How's Jackson and the twins?
Me- they're good.

Suddenly, I get a text from Dylan.

Pseudo Bro In-Law 💙: it's almost time. I need my sister ❤️

Me: I'll be there ASAP ❤️

Me- I have to go dad. My friends need me.
Dad- okay. Talk to you soon. I love you.
Me- I love you too.

I quickly hang up and bolt to April's room. I stand outside and watch April give birth and hold her baby. Tears fill my eyes as I watch a priest baptize their baby. I text Jackson when it was all over and we stand together and wait for our friends. When they walk out, we pull them into a hug and hold them. We stay with them for a bit then we go off to the chapel together. We sit there for a while and we were about to leave when Amy comes in. I decided to stay with her for a while. Jackson kisses my head before leaving the chapel. Amy sits next to me and I lean my head on her shoulder.

Delilah: how was your day?
Amy: crazy. You?
Delilah: stressful.
Amy: ... my baby lived for 43 minutes.

I grab Amy's hand and hold it tight. I could tell that everything that happened with April was bringing back memories of Amy's rainbow baby. I still remember that night. Amy woke me up in the middle of the night sobbing and I stayed up on the phone with her all night, comforting her.

Delilah: I love you.
Amy: I love you too kid.

Amy leans her head on my shoulder then I place my head on top of hers. We stay there for a while holding each other then I decided to go home. When I get home, I go straight into my babies' room and I hold them tight.

Delilah: I love you both... so much. Mommy loves you with every bit of her heart. I thank God every day that he gave me two beautiful and perfect babies. I couldn't ask for a better family. I promise to love you two until my very last breath and beyond. I will always love you two my sweet little angels. Daddy and I love you so so much and we will never stop loving you.

I hold my babies close to my chest and kiss their heads. As I close my eyes, I felt Jackson's arms wrap around my waist from behind.

Jackson: they're so perfect.
Delilah: they really are.

Jackson and I get the twins to sleep then we get to sleep. Before I go to sleep, I send Dylan a text.

Me: I love you so much Dylan. If you ever need anything, don't be afraid to call me or come over. Take all the time you need to grieve. The pain will never go away, but I promise you that it will eventually stop hurting so much. You'll get through this Dyl, I promise. I love you brother ❤️

Pseudo Bro In-Law 💙: I'm so thankful that I have you and Jackson. I love you sis ❤️

Jackson: goodnight babe.
Delilah: goodnight honey. I love you.
Jackson: I love you too princess.

I snuggle into Jackson's chest and fall asleep in his arms.

Hope y'all liked this chapter ❤️ the next chapter will just be a filler of Delilah in DC with Derek so I hope you guys enjoy it ☺️