Chapter 178:

Ever since I got my memory back, I've gotten back to my normal routine. The downside of getting my memory though, is that... I remember all the loss and trauma I've been through. I remember George's death, Mark's, Lexie's... my dad's. Shortly after I got my memory back, flashbacks of their deaths hit me all at once and it sent me into an anxiety attack. I'm still going to therapy for my PTSD and taking my anxiety and depression meds and I've been learning to talk to my friends more.

Anyways, I was getting ready for the day when I get a call from Maggie.

Me- hey Mags. What's up?
Maggie- get your ass to Meredith's. She's having a major freak out and she won't talk to us.
Me- what happened?
Maggie- I don't know. Something must've happened with that guy that she went out with.
Me- what the hell?
Maggie- just get your ass over here!
Me- okay! I'm on my way, relax.

I hang up then I bolt over to Mer's. When I get there, I bolt upstairs and I see Maggie and Amy in the hallway.

Delilah: where is she?
Maggie: locked in her room.

I step in front and knock on the door.

Delilah: Mer? Mer, it's me. Are you okay? Maggie called me.

I hear the door open and Mer peeks her head out.

Meredith: is he gone?
Maggie: yeah. Yeah, he's gone.

Meredith shuts the door again. I look at Maggie and Amy in worry. It was obvious that Mer needed me, I can't go to work today. I decided to call Jackson.

Jackson- hey baby. Are you on your way to work? Mom will be around.
Me- uh, actually sweetie, I'm not coming in today. Mer is not doing so good and I need to take care of her. Can you push my surgeries today?
Jackson- yeah, of course my love.
Me- you are a blessing.
Jackson- I know.

I chuckle at my husband.

Me- I might come in later, just depending on Mer.
Jackson- don't worry mi amor, I got it all handled.
Me- I have the best husband ever.
Jackson- and I have the best wife.

I giggle as I step into the kitchen.

Me- I'll see you later, okay? And please forward me any important messages I get left.
Jackson- of course my queen.
Me- you're too good to me. Ti amo tesoro.
Jackson- you know I love it when you talk Italian to me.
Me- so che lo ami. Ecco perché lo faccio, amore mio.
Jackson- stop it. You know what that does to me.

I giggle at Jackson as I sit down on the counter.

Me- I'll see you later.
Jackson- bye. I love you.
Me- love you more.

Amy hands me coffee as I hang up.

Amy: I hate that you're married and happy and crap.

I chuckle at my aunt Amy.

Delilah: you're just jealous aunt Ames.
Amy: I really am! I get weird and complicated and my niece gets normal and happy. You're literally the golden Shepherd.
Delilah: whatever Ames.

I roll my eyes at Amy as I drink my coffee.

Amy: she can't stay locked away up there all day. She has to come down sometime.
Maggie: do you think she wants food or just coffee, or not coffee? What if she wants tea? Tea is more soothing.
Amy: what do we know about this guy?
Maggie: I mean, not very much. I mean, she's barely even dating him. It's– hi.

I turn around and I see Mer walking into the kitchen.

Delilah: hey. Maggie and Amy made coffee, but we could make tea.