Chapter 101:

When I got the text from my dad about Callie, my heart shattered. My best friend, who is carrying my godchild, is in danger. My sole focus today is going to be on Callie. There's no way in hell I'm letting her or my godchild die. I'll kill myself before I let my family die.

I'm standing next to Jackson with tears in my eyes waiting for the ambulance to come with Arizona and Callie. I see Mark come out in a panic.

Mark: what the hell happened?
Owen: car versus truck. That's all we know.
Mark: and her injuries? What– the baby?
Dad: we don't know yet.
Mark: well, why the– why the hell don't you know? Someone get me a trauma gown.
Delilah: Mark...
Webber: Mark, you need to sit this one out.
Mark: I'm not sitting this one out. That's Callie. That's my kid.
Webber: which is why you can't. I'm sorry, you can't be a doctor on this one.
Mark: screw you.
Owen: Sloan—
Mark: screw all of you!
Webber: look at me Sloan. Look at me.

Mark hesitantly looks up at the Chief.

Webber: maybe I don't understand what you two have, how you have it, but I understand this, she is your family. Callie Torres and that baby are your family, and the best way that you can help your family is to step back and let the rest of us do what you can't rationally do– save their lives. Okay?
Delilah: Mark.

I take my godfather's hand in mine and give him a reassuring look.

Mark: I'm in the room, you hear me? I'm in the room.
Webber: okay.

My heart jumps into my throat as the ambulance pulls in.

Webber: Hunt, you're in charge.
Owen: alright everyone, multiple blunt trauma protocol. Let's go.

Owen opens the door and we see Arizona coming out.

Arizona: tachycardic and hypotensive en route. Obvious head and chest injuries.

My heart shatters into a bunch of tiny pieces when I see Callie on a gurney.

Owen: Callie? Callie. We've got you, you hear me? Everything is going to be okay.
Delilah: she's hemorrhaging!!
Teddy: wait. Hold on. Is that blood coming from her chest?
Bailey: what?

Callie tries to talk but it comes out all gurgled.

Delilah: Callie, honey, don't speak, okay? You're going to be okay. We're all here and we've got you, you understand? You're going to be okay.
Arizona: she went through the windshield.
Alex: seatbelt? Airbags?
Arizona: she took it off.
Cristina: we have to maintain C-spine immobilization.
Mark: how are her vitals?
Paramedic: last one was 80 over palp.
Arizona: she lost a lot of blood too.
Delilah: we need to make sure she gets lots of fluids. Callie, can you blink for me honey?
Meredith: extraocular movement's intact.
Delilah: pupils are equal and reactive.
Teddy: set up a chest tray.
Cristina: I'm on it.
Lucy: let's get the fetal monitor set up.
Dad: I need to hold pressure. Let's go! Come on!
Delilah: hang on Callie. You're gonna be okay sweetie, we got you. LET'S GO!! GET OUT OF THE WAY!! Hang on for us Callie, you hear me? You have to hang on.

I don't think I've ever ran that fast in my whole life.

Delilah: OUT OF OUR WAY! GO!!

My heart was racing a mile a minute.

Delilah: Callie, you need to stay with us, you hear me? You need to hang on. We all need you. I need you. I lost my best friend once, I'm not losing another. So you hang on for me, okay?

Callie starts crying and I see her hand moving around. I felt tears rolling down my face as I reach for her hand and squeeze it.

Delilah: it's okay. I'm right here Callie. I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere, I swear. I'm not going to lose you, I won't let that happen.