Chapter 14:

I wake up to the door of George's room slamming then I hear a light switch. I jump at the sound of Izzie's loud voice.

Izzie: seriously?!

George and I both wake up as Izzie approaches George's bed.

Izzie: move over.
George: we're sleeping!
Izzie: oh shut it.

George is forced to scoot to my side and I almost fly off the bed but George grabs onto me so I don't fall. A couple minutes later, Meredith bursts into the room. She looked angry so I assume something happened with my dad.

Meredith: seriously!

I throw myself on George's lap as Meredith takes my side of George's bed and now the two of us are laying in between Meredith and Izzie.

Meredith: he's a brain surgeon.
Izzie: I look fantastic! I shaved my legs!
Meredith: he's a brain surgeon. How can he be so brainless?

George and I look at each other then we sigh at the same time.

Izzie: hello? Seriously!
Meredith: seriously!

George pats Izzie's shoulder while I take Meredith's shoulder.

George: shh...
Delilah: sleep.

Suddenly, the power in the house goes off but I ignore it and I snuggle into George's chest and try my best to fall back to sleep.
-the next morning-
I take a quick shower then I steal a shirt from George before throwing on my leggings from yesterday. I get my things together then we all drive to the hospital. As we change in the locker room, Bailey steps in.

Bailey: you're dripping.
Cristina: I'm back. I just wanna make that clear. I'm back. I'm ready to work.

I slightly frown at the sight of Addison.

Addison: Dr. Shepherd, have you seen your father this morning?
Delilah: his name is on the OR board, he should be around somewhere.

I had a bit of venom in my tone as I spoke to Addison. Addison nods at me slightly before walking away.

Cristina: I'm good. I'm ready to scrub in. I'm one hundred percent on top of my game.
Delilah: Cristina, you just got discharged. You need to pace yourself until you can even think about scrubbing in on any surgeries.
Bailey: Shepherd is right.
Cristina: I'm paced. I'm paced.
Bailey: mhmm. Rounds people!

George catches up to me and wraps an arm around my waist as we start our rounds. I recognize the first patient as Henry Lamott. My dad told me about his case.

Bailey: Shepherd, present.
Delilah: Henry Lamott, age 42, is scheduled with Dr. Derek Shepherd for a spinal tap to control the pain of his herniated disc.

I hear the volume of the TV and I hear giggling but I ignore it.

Delilah: he's allergic to all pain medication—
Cristina: is that...
Mrs. Lamott: porn.

I look up at the TV and my eyes widen when I see porn on the screen.

Bailey: as in porn?!
Alex: alright. What are we watching?

I roll my eye at Alex as Bailey scowls at him.

Bailey: Karev! Go stand in the hall.

I smack Alex as he walks out the door.

Bailey: uh, Mr and Mrs Lamott, I'm sure you are really nice people, and what you do in the privacy of your own... look, we can't have porn in here. This is a hospital.
Henry: it's for my pain.
Delilah: Dr. Bailey, in some cases, porn actually releases endorphins in the brain and helps manage pain.