Chapter 122:

Today is the day we go to court for the deposition for the plane crash and to say I was nervous was an understatement.

I'm sitting in the lounge trying to calm my nerves when Jackson comes into the lounge with three tins.

Jackson: hey hon.
Delilah: hi.
Jackson: nervous?
Delilah: mhmm.
Jackson: you're gonna be okay baby. Just take deep breaths.
Delilah: I can try. Hey, what're in the tins?
Jackson: cookies. Mom made cookies for Richard.

The day of Bailey's wedding, Adele Webber passed away due to a really bad heart attack, leaving Richard absolutely heartbroken.

Delilah: she made all those for Richard?
Jackson: she only made one for Dr. Webber. She made two of them for you.
Delilah: seriously?! Hand them over you fool!!

Jackson chuckles at me as he hands me the cookies. Catherine has been crazy supportive ever since I told her that I'm pregnant. She's been texting me every day checking on me, making sure I'm eating and sleeping properly, overall being a great future mother in-law and future grandmother.

I grab the note attached to one of the tins that read:

Hope my favourite girl and my little grand baby love these cookies. You deserve them :) I'm in town for a case at Seattle Pres. Let me know if you want to get together. Love u honey ❤️

Love: Mama Catherine
Xoxo

Delilah: aww, mom is so sweet.
Jackson: I swear, she loves you more than me.
Delilah: can you blame her? I'm awesome. And I'm also carrying her grand baby.

Jackson chuckles at me as he kisses my forehead. Then, I get a text from my dad.

Coolest Dad Ever ❤️: where are you?

Me: in the lounge. Need me to come find you??

Coolest Dad Ever ❤️: yeah. I just got to the hospital.

Me: meet at the elevator??

Coolest Dad Ever ❤️: mhmm.

Delilah: I have to go meet my dad.
Jackson: okay.
Delilah: if anyone eats my cookies, I will stab them with an old scalpel.
Jackson: I promise to give them just Richard's cookies.

I give Jackson a kiss then I run off to the elevator. I find my dad and get into the elevator with him.

Delilah: we're gonna be okay.
Dad: we're gonna be okay.

I take my dad's hand in mine. The elevator doors open and Owen walks in. You could cut the tension with a damn butcher knife. There was a brief moment of silence before Owen makes small talk.

Owen: hey, I heard there might be a judgement today. I hope it works out for you guys.

I give Owen a genuine smile.

Dad: no you don't. A judgement comes down that quickly, it means the hospital's negligent. It means you did something wrong. Which you did.
Delilah: dad...
Owen: well, you've obviously been thinking that for a while. I'm glad you... finally got it out in the open.

I glare at my dad as Owen gets off the elevator, but turns around to face us.

Owen: and for the record, I really do hope it works out for you. The both of you.

I give Owen one last genuine smile before the elevator doors close. Once the doors close, I whack my dad at the back of his head as hard as humanly possible.

Dad: oww!
Delilah: you are being so incredibly immature! You have absolutely no right to talk to Owen like that. He is going through enough as it is, he doesn't deserve this. Especially from you Derek Christopher Shepherd.
Dad: I lost Mark because of him.
Delilah: it is not his fault! And you're not the only one who lost Mark. We both lost him that day. You lost your best friend, and I lost my godfather, I lost one of the most important men in my life. You do not get to think that you're the only one that lost him, because we both did. You can't pin this on Owen dad because he doesn't deserve that.