Chapter 124:

I'm with Mer and Cris staring at the new cameras that have been installed all over the hospital and frankly, I'm pissed.

Meredith: they've installed cameras.
Cristina: they're all over the CCU.
Delilah: next thing you know, they'll be in the ORs, the hallways... the on-call rooms.

I shudder at the thought of cameras in the on-call rooms.

Cristina: we're being spied on Mer. Who knows what evil lurks behind that electronic eye?
Camera: morning Dr. Yang.

Mer, Cris and I stare at the camera in shock.

Cristina: Big Brother knows my name.
M&D: Big Brother can see your name tag.
Cristina: excuse me.

I walk out of the room with Mer and Cris.

-later-

As much as I hated it, I'm standing in a meeting in an OR with Cahill with most of the Attendings. I stand next to Jackson with his arm wrapped around my waist.

Alana: the cameras are not here to spy on you. They are here to supplement you. On the other side of the camera is a remote physician, an extra set of eyes to help reduce mistakes, improve patient care, and maximize physician hours. Now the initial program...

I zone out for a little bit and lean into Jackson's chest. I don't need to listen to this bullshit.

Alana: so does that answer your questions?
Cristina: with disturbing clarity?

I chuckle at Cristina's comment.

Alana: alright. Let's move on then. As you can see, this OR has been arranged with maximum efficiency, specifically for OR turnover. Now, what are the main causes for bottleneck? The layout of OR supplies, equipment, and instruments. So what we have done here...

I continue to drown Cahill out for the rest of the meeting. After the meeting was done, I walk out with Jackson, Dylan, Alex, Mer and Cris.

Cristina: closing the ER should cut down on time. We won't have any patients.
Jackson: how's Hunt feel about that?
Cristina: oh, he says he's not gonna do anything about it until it actually happens.
Dylan: oh, it's happening.
Alex: and he can't be a trauma surgeon without an ER. Is he gonna leave town? 'Cause if you go with him, I'm screwed. I'm kind of depending on your rent check.
Cristina: way to make this all about you.
Meredith: the ER is not going to close.
Delilah: Mer's right. My dad has a plan.
Cristina: where is Derek?
Meredith: he spent the night with Kepner.

I walk off with the gang.

-later-

I'm sitting next to Mer in the skills lab and as much as I hate it, I'm listening to Cahill talk... again. God I hate this bitch.

Alana: standardizing an OR is one thing, but that's not going to make much difference if we don't standardize what happens in the OR. To that end, I have brought in Dr. Darrell Nesbaum to show us how it can be done.

I lean my head on Mer's shoulder as I drown Cahill out until she leaves the room.

Dr. Nesbaum: good morning everybody. Now I have just one question before we begin. Are you ready to rock some hernias?

Suddenly, I get a page from Owen so I bolt out of the room as fast as I can. When I see Owen, he hands me a trauma gown then helps me put it on.