Chapter 174:

There was a major accident so the ER is absolute chaos. I'm running around trying to tend to as many patients as I could and I'm exhausted. I get a page from Mer and I run into trauma one.

Delilah: hey, what's up?
Meredith: I need your help. I paged Amy but she's not answering my pages.
Delilah: God. I love Amy, but she is as stubborn as my dad. Tell me what happened.
Meredith: he had a tonic clonic seizure that lasted a little too long but it stopped just a couple seconds ago.
Delilah: okay.

I check his pupils and his mouth.

Nurse: be right back.
Delilah: alright.
Meredith: hey, there's no rush, but if you see Amelia Shepherd, get her here please.
Nurse: mhmm.

The nurse leaves as my pager goes off.

Delilah: crap. Jackson needs me in surgery. You gonna be okay here Mer?
Meredith: yeah, I'll be fine. Go.

I walk out of the room to head to surgery. As I get to the elevator, I reach for my phone but I realize that it wasn't in my pocket.

Delilah: crap. In the trauma room.

I turn around and walk back to the ER. As I get closer to the trauma room, I hear screaming and grunting. I rush into the trauma room and I see Mer's patient throwing Mer across the room.

Delilah: Meredith!

Meredith tries to fight him off as best as she could but he throws her head against the glass of the cabinet before throwing her against the window. I lunge at the patient and try to get him off of Meredith.

Delilah: sir, you need to stop!

The patient releases Meredith and drops her onto the ground. Then, he attacks me. My heart starts racing as he throws me into the door. I drop to the floor for one second then he picks me up and throws me against the broken glass. I felt my head go warm and I knew I was bleeding. I try my best to fight him off but I started feeling weak as he threw me against the window and started banging my head against it. With every blow, my vision was getting blurry. I tried my best to hit him in the stomach but I failed and he ended up throwing a really hard punch to my face. I felt another hard punch before falling to the ground. I stay conscious for a few seconds before I was consumed by darkness.

Jackson's POV:

Jackson: any word on Dr. Avery-Shepherd?
Nurse: no Dr. Avery.
Jackson: could you page her again? She was supposed to be here.
Nurse: right away doctor.

Where the hell is my wife?

3rd Person POV:

We see Penelope Blake entering the trauma room. Her heart drops when she sees Delilah Shepherd and Meredith Grey on the ground badly hurt, with Delilah unconscious.

Blake: I NEED SOME HELP IN HERE NOW!

Delilah gets taken away by Owen and Dylan while Richard and April take Meredith.

Owen: trauma panel. Send blood for a cross match. Belly is soft. Bruising on the left chest.
Dylan: decreased breath sounds on the left.
Leon: art line is going in.

Leon Drake was terrified to see his former mentor in her current state. She was the best teacher he ever had and he always felt safe around her. She grew to like him as a surgeon and a person. He wasn't about to lose his favorite teacher.

Leon: pulse ox is down to 88.
Dylan: hook up those monitors.
Owen: we need a wide bore IV.
Dylan: get Ortho in here, stat! Add some left arm and leg films.

Dylan's heart was pounding out of his chest. Delilah is his family, he wasn't about to let anything happen to her.

Leon: has anyone told the Chief? Or Dr. Avery, or Dr. Shepherd?
Dylan: no. We do not page any of them. We don't need to page Bailey, we can handle this. And we can't page Jackson or Amelia.
Owen: nobody says a word.