Chapter 137:

I'm walking around the hospital with Scotty showing them all the new pictures of the twins.

Scotty: they're super cute. Your little boy definitely looks a lot like you.
Delilah: he has the Shepherd nose.
Scotty: oh yeah, he definitely does.

Then, I get a text from Dylan.

Pseudo Bro In-Law 💙: I'm attempting to save April from her "nightmare" sisters, and I brought your husband with me. Btw, April's sisters attempted to hit on your husband.

Delilah: April's sisters are hitting on my husband.
Scotty: want me to kill them?
Delilah: maybe later.

I get a page to the ER so I bolt and I see Jo and I was shocked to Alex's dad. Jo explains what happened so I tell her what to do.

Delilah: hang a banana bag and give him 2 of Ativan.
Jo: I've treated him before. He's a heroin addict.
Delilah: okay, let's start with a tox screen and start him on methadone.
Jimmy: no. No methadone.
Delilah: the methadone will help you detox.
Jimmy: I haven't used in months. I gotta get totally clean. Off the methadone too. I gotta do it. Let me do it.

Jo looks at me and I sigh.

Delilah: fine. No methadone.

I nod Jo over to me.

Delilah: admit him and watch him like a hawk.
Jo: can we send him to a rehab facility? He's– he's Alex's dad. There's history. Like, bad history.
Delilah: I know.
Jo: what? How?
Delilah: I'm his best friend Wilson, I know everything about Alex's crappy life. I know you care about him, but you have got to stop projecting this onto him. If you really cared about him, you would've left it alone. Alex hasn't spoken to his father in 20 years and has no intention of ever speaking to him.
Jo: as his best friend, shouldn't you care?

I glare at the intern in front of me.

Delilah: I care about Alex, more than anything else so don't you dare try to tell me otherwise. Now, I don't care who he is. For you, he's a patient who had a heart surgery less than three months ago, and you are his doctor so act like it Wilson. Get him admitted, and stop letting personal feelings get in the way of doing your job. You will do as I say or you'll be doing scut for the rest of your damn career.

I shove the tablet into Jo's hands then walk off. As I walk to the nurses station, Owen appears next to me.

Owen: you alright Shep?
Delilah: Wilson tried to make me feel like I don't care about Alex all because she's getting attached over his dad and I'm not. I told her to do as she's told and stop letting personal feelings get in the way of doing her job.
Owen: that's good leadership Shep.
Delilah: thanks Owen.

I lean my head on my mentor's shoulder as Bailey comes up to us.

Bailey: Dr. Hunt. Hey, I did it. Um, I did Yep days with her following me around everywhere I go. I don't need help anymore, I'm doing really well.

A little while ago, Ben came clean to dad and I about a Bailey's OCD-like episodes, which resulted in a meeting of the board.

Dr. Alma: you're pulling your fingers again.
Bailey: oh god, go away. Uh, look, I-I just wanna be cleared for surgery.
Owen: Dr. Alma, is she clear for surgery?
Dr. Alma: no she's not.
Owen: hmm.
Delilah: Dr. Bailey, you're not clear until she says you're clear. Sorry.

I walk off and I see April with her sisters.

Delilah: hey Apes!
April: hi! Guys, this is Delilah. She's a close friend of mine. Lilah, these are my sisters Alice, Libby, and Kimmie.
Delilah: hi. I'm Delilah, Jackson's wife... the guy you lovely ladies attempted to hit on.