Chapter 85:

I've been in the ER since three in the morning and I've already had four cups of coffee. I'm just finished stitches on a ten year old boy when I hear the sound of a very familiar voice. I look up and I see Jackson in street clothes wheeling in a patient.

Jackson: you passed out in a restaurant and you have abdominal pain. You're not getting on a plane.

I send the boy off with his mom and I run over to Jackson.

Delilah: hey, you okay?
Jackson: I've already paged Bailey, and he's not cardio. So you can lose interest Yang.
Cristina: yeah, we'll see about that. Sir, I'm a surgeon. A very good one.
Harper: so is my grandson. So why don't you take your hands off me?

That's when I realize that I was standing next to Harper Avery. My heart starts beating a mile a minute but I do my best to remain calm and professional.

Cristina: wait, he's your grandfather?
Jackson: I'm serious, okay? I can handle this til Bailey gets here.
Cristina: no, because you're not allowed to treat family members, and he has midepigastric tenderness and guarding. It could be ascending cholangitis.

I stifle a laugh at Cristina's diagnosis. She is so wrong and I'm pretty sure Harper is going to call her out.

Harper: ascending cholangitis? Really? With only one of the symptoms of charcot's triad?
Cristina: you're a doctor?

I smirk to myself as Harper responds to Cristina.

Harper: apparently, a much better one than you are. Dr. Harper Avery.

I smirk as I watch Cristina's face go into total shock.

Harper: and your name doctor?
Cristina: ... Harper Avery.
Harper: uh, no. That's my name.
Cristina: as in the Harper Avery award?
Harper: bingo. Get a new surgeon Jackie, one with a pulse this time.
Cristina: you're Harper Avery's grandson?!

I stifle a laugh at Cristina's shocked expression. When Cristina pulls her hand away, I introduce myself while keeping my cool.

Delilah: hi there Dr. Avery. My name is Dr. Delilah Shepherd.

I bring my hand forward and I swear, I felt my heart skip a beat when Harper shakes my hand. I'm shaking hands with Harper Avery. My life is amazing!!!

-later-

I'm walking with Mer and Cris and I listen to Cris talk about misdiagnosing Harper Avery.

Cristina: I misdiagnosed Harper Avery. In front of Harper Avery!
Delilah: honestly, that made my entire day.
Cristina: shut up baby Shepherd. Do you know what that does to my chances of one day winning a Harper Avery?
Meredith: well, he could die before then.
Delilah: Mer's got a point. I mean, he could die today.
Meredith: Del's right.
Cristina: I just need to operate on my motorcycle daredevil guy, and I'll be fine.

I see Lexie come up to us.

Lexie: is it true Harper Avery is here?
Meredith: so, Derek walked in on her naked this morning in Alex's bed.

Mer, Cris and I bust out laughing.

Delilah: oh my god.
Lexie: Meredith! What?
Meredith: oh, I'm just cheering them up. Cristina's having a bad day, and Delilah looks like she needs another cup of coffee to survive the day. Be generous.
C&D: you can't be having feelings for Karev. He's like Meredith three years ago.

Cris and I look at each other and chuckle.

Meredith: I said that!
Delilah: woah.
Lexie: I don't have feelings for Alex.
Delilah: yes you do.
C&D: your heart lives in your vagina.