Chapter 145:

I decided to fly out back to Seattle later that night so I'm back in Seattle and I decided to crash at my dad's house for the night.

Dad: do you have any idea how Cristina's doing?
Delilah: I've been trying to get a hold of her all morning.
Dad: you and Avery seriously had nothing to do with the voting?
Delilah: I've told you a thousand times dad, the foundation and the voting committee are completely separate. I'm really pissed that Cris didn't win, but nobody can get mad at me. I swear, if anyone tries to blame me for Cristina losing all because I'm married to Jackson, I'm gonna kill them.
Dad: well, I'm not mad.
Delilah: thank you.
Dad: can you get your sister's shoes on?
Delilah: yeah, I got her. Come on sweetie, let's get those shoes on pretty lady. Come on stinker!

As I pick up my little sister, I hear a knock at the door. My dad answers it and I see my aunt Amy come in.

Amy: I should have called, I know.
Dad: uh—
Amy: but if I called, you'd have said no. And then I wouldn't get to see how grown up you are. Zola! Wow! Look at you! What are you, like, 16 now? And I wanted to meet my nephew. Oh.
Delilah: oh, hi aunt Amy! How wonderful to see you. It's not like I haven't seen you in two months or anything.
Amy: hey Lilah. Man, you still look good.

I chuckle as my aunt throws her arm around me.

Delilah: Amy, as happy as we are to see you, what are you doing here?
Dad: Lilah's right. I haven't talked to you in, like, two months. What are you doing here?
Amy: a... thing happened. James proposed.

I smile at Amy as she shows off her gorgeous engagement ring.

Delilah: oh my god!
Dad: congratulations.
Amy: and I freaked.
Dad: I'm sure you did.
Amy: just sort of freaked, not– not "flee the country" freaked. Just... suddenly... there's a possibility that I might be facing a different kind of life– the kind that you and Meredith, and Lilah and Jackson, have– so I thought I would come visit and see what it's like and get... unfreaked. Hopefully.

I look at my aunt Amy in amusement.

Amy: you're mad.
Dad: no. I'm happy to show you. Hey Zola, auntie Amy is gonna play with you and Bailey today while your sister and I go to work.
Amy: oh. Wow. Really not mad.
Dad: no, I'm excited. So, Bailey gets a bottle in an hour. His schedule's on the refrigerator.
Delilah: Zola likes to stick stuff up her nose, so keep an eye on her.
Amy: oh, okay.
Dad: I'll see you later.
Delilah: bye aunt Amy. Love you!

I grab my things then walk out with my dad.

-at the hospital-

I'm standing in the ER looking over patient charts when I see Mer and Owen walk in.

Delilah: hey! You're back.
Meredith: you're gonna want to stay away from me today.
Delilah: have you heard from Cristina? I've been trying to call her all morning and I'm getting radio silence. I feel really bad.
Meredith: stop it! Cristina doesn't need your pity! She was robbed! And you robbed her!

I stare at Meredith in disbelief.

Delilah: I'm sorry. I did?
Meredith: yes, you! You're an Avery by association! That pack of fools can't tell their asses from their elbows, never mind an award winning surgeon versus some half wit who tinkers with science kits in his mother's basement!
Delilah: oh my god. Mer, it is not my fault that Cristina lost! Just because I'm married to Jackson, it does not make this my fault. Look, I am just as pissed as you are, I really am. But you have absolutely no right to walk up to me and treat me like I'm the bad guy here!