Chapter 49:

Cristina's wedding is getting closer and I'm getting more and more excited. I walk up to a nurses station where I see Mer and Cristina hanging out.

Delilah: hey!
Cristina: baby Shepherd. Are you free today?
Delilah: uh... I think so. Why?
Cristina: will you be a... bridesmaid for my wedding?
Delilah: are you serious?
Cristina: ... yes.
Delilah: of course I will!
Cristina: thank God.
Delilah: but I want to make something clear. If I see a bow on my ass, I'm out. And I'm not wearing any pink.
Cristina: this is why I like you baby Shepherd.

I giggle at Cristina as Izzie joins the group.

Izzie: I switched my hours at the clinic so I can go to the bridal shop. Yay!
Cristina: did she cheer? She just cheered.
Izzie: someone's not being very bridey.
Cristina: I am not a bride.
Delilah: she's a surgeon,
M&D: don't tease the caged animal.
Izzie: you're not excited? I'm excited. I love weddings. Weddings are all about hope and the future.
Delilah: that's a load of crap Izzie.

Meredith and Cristina chuckle at me as Callie walks up to us.

Callie: okay, I rescheduled my ACL repair, but I wanna be clear. I will not be wearing pink or baby blue, I do not do flowers in my hair and I will never be seen with a bow on my ass, okay?
Delilah: I literally said the same thing!

Callie and I share a laugh then high five.

Cristina: see? They've got the right attitude. Thank you very much.

I furrow my eyebrows when I see Thatcher Grey walking by.

Meredith: hey.
Thatcher: hey. Hi. I... I'm here with Susan. She's down in the clinic.
Meredith: the clinic? Is everything okay?
Thatcher: yeah.

Thatcher gives us a small wave then walks off.

Izzie: Callie's a bridesmaid?
Cristina: yeah.
Izzie: yeah... yes, of course. Callie's a bridesmaid. Fun. Yeah.
Callie: yeah.

I could sense tension between Callie and Izzie so I place my hand on Callie's back to help her relax. I decided to walk off with Callie.

Delilah: you alright? There's some obvious tension between you and Izzie.
Callie: we're friends. I can tell you things?
Delilah: of course we're friends Callie.
Callie: I think there's something going on between George and Izzie. Do you think I'm being overdramatic?
Delilah: I think so. Callie, I know George. He is the most loyal man I've ever met, he could never cheat. George loves you Callie, he made a life long commitment to you. Don't overthink it Cal, just take a deep breath and everything is going to be okay.

Callie takes a couple of deep breaths then she smiles at me.

Callie: thanks Delilah. I'm so glad I can talk to you with no judgement.
Delilah: I could never judge you Callie. You're my friend, you can always come to me.

I pat Callie's shoulder then I run off to find my dad.

Delilah: hey dad!
Dad: hey honey. What's up?
Delilah: do you know where Addison is? I have something I need to talk to her about.
Dad: oh, actually, uh... Addison took a leave of absence.
Delilah: what?!
Dad: yeah.
Delilah: what the hell? What happened?
Dad: I don't know. Part of me thinks that it's something to do with Mark.
Delilah: oh come on, don't be mean.
Dad: sorry, sorry.
Delilah: wow. I wonder what happened.
Dad: okay, new topic. How has the studying been going?
Delilah: constant and tiring. Every time I blink, all I can see is questions and answers. My brain is so full, I feel like it's going to explode.
Dad: go get some rest honey. I know for a fact that you didn't sleep last night. Am I right?
Delilah: ... maybe.
Dad: go sleep.