Chapter 126:

The last couple of days have been crazy. The plane crash victims plus Callie, and as of lately minus Cristina, have been meeting up to discuss about buying the hospital. It sucked that I wasn't allowed to say anything to Jackson because he's my husband now and I tell him everything, but I have to until it's all over.

Right now, I'm at Mer and dad's house with everyone discussing Pegasus. I stand close to my dad's side as Callie gives us the information she found out.

Callie: I am telling you, once we got these doctors talking, it was a horror show.
Arizona: shh. I just got Sofia back down.
Callie: oh, and, uh, Portland Gen has quotas now. Yeah. It's unspoken, but it's understood that you have to churn out a certain number of procedures.
Delilah: and no research?
Callie: nope. Pegasus is only interested in high volume, high price tag procedures. Barely any patient interaction. So no research, no innovation, no opportunity to do what it is we got into medicine to do.
Dad: well, we won't let that happen to us here.
Delilah: exactly.
Callie: oh yeah? That's what they said at first. And then the people that fought management got fired, and the rest wore down or they left.

I share a look of concern with my dad then I take his hand in mine.

Callie: I don't want to leave. None of us do. You guys, come on. We have to do this. We have to buy the hospital.
Dad: woah, hold on.
Meredith: maybe she's right.
Arizona: just wait. What if we don't want to?

We all look at Arizona in shock. I look at Mer and we're thinking the exact same thing so I pull out my phone and start texting Cristina, who should be here for this.

Me: come to Mer's house ASAP!! It's urgent.

Me: you better get ur ass to Mer's house now Cristina Yang, and I mean it!! We need you.

Arizona: I'm sorry. It's never been my dream to run a hospital.
Callie: okay, well, you might not have to run it.
Dad: Cristina should be here.
M&D: we have been texting her.
Arizona: I just got back to work. And Derek, you and Delilah just got your hands back. Don't you want to just work?
Callie: work where? I don't want somebody telling me which patient I can and can't treat.
M&D: or putting a stopwatch on how much time you can spend with them.
Callie: yeah, if we ran the place, we could make policy decisions based on experience. Do y—
Dad: uh, no offence, but that is a naive way of putting it.
Delilah: I agree. The job is much harder than you think.
Dad: I wanted it once, and I hated it. We should stay the course. I made a deal with Pegasus that apparently will help the sale.

I look at my dad in shock.

Delilah: what... deal?
Dad: nothing, it's stupid. But maybe that's how we make it work, from the inside.
Arizona: what about Hunt? I mean, he's pushing for the Pegasus sale. He thinks it's a good deal. So what's he gonna say?

Suddenly, we start arguing about money.

Arizona: what are we talking about, like, 100 million, 200 million...
Dad: you know what we're talking about...
Callie: we have more than we're ever gonna be able to spend anyways. We have more than we'll ever be...
Meredith: no, that's not true...

The fighting goes on, then Arizona stops it.

Arizona: so what are you saying? Are you saying that they take everything? I mean, everything from the lawsuit, from all of us?
Dad: I have no idea what it's gonna cost to buy Seattle Grace, but I can guarantee you it's more than the five of us combined. That's only 75 million dollars.
Callie: I had some money before all this. I've got about... 700 grand I can get to right away.
Meredith: it's true. We have money in the IRA and we have about—
Dad: no, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Callie: well, just the lawsuit damages then. And, uh, we've got Mark's share too.
Arizona: Mark's share?
Callie: yeah, and Lexie's maybe? Is that rude of me—
Meredith: I mean, I would have to ask her f– our– our father—
Arizona: don't worry. Excuse me. Yes, this is rude of you.
Callie: okay, I'm sorry, but we can't waste time on politeness here.
Arizona: and Mark's share is not our money, it's Sofia's. You should've talked about this with me—
Callie: um, that's what we're doing.
Arizona: I mean privately with your wife.
Callie: where is Cristina?
Delilah: we don't know.
M&D: we keep texting her.
Meredith: she would say yes to this.
Delilah: I'm with Mer. She would.
Arizona: how do you know that?
Callie&Der: they know.
Arizona: I don't think that it's right to spend all of our money.
Callie: it is an investment.
Arizona: of all of our money Callie. If your parents had ever made you have a summer job, you might understand...
Callie: oh, come on. That is so unfair...
Arizona: no, you are ready to bankrupt us.
Callie: you're ready to let Pegasus Horizons turn us into a bunch of robots!
Arizona: you are ready to sink 50 million dollars into maintaining a good vibe.
Meredith: so what's the alternative, we leave?
Callie: no, I don't want to leave. This hospital is not something that we lucked into. This is something that we made. And Webber hired us, and he set a tone. Hunt sets a tone, and it's something I am proud to be a part of, and it's worth fighting for.