Chapter 150:

Mer texted me to come over to Alex's house ASAP so I get ready and bolt to Mer's. When I get there, I hear Mer's voice in the bathroom so I walk in and I see her talking to Alex who was in the shower.

Delilah: hey, you okay? Your text sounded urgent.
Meredith: the new head of cardio claims to be my sister.

My eyes widen as I sit on the toilet seat.

Delilah: no!
Meredith: yeah.
Delilah: seriously?
Meredith: seriously.
Delilah: oh my god!
Meredith: I do not need another sister.
Alex: get out.
Meredith: I mean, she's a lying liar.
Delilah: I'm with you. There's no way she's your sister.
Meredith: I would know if my mother were pregnant when I was 5. My mother was not pregnant when I was 5.
Alex: get out.
Meredith: she's, like, psycho. Like, a stalker.
Delilah: agreed.
Meredith: I'm being stalked. Alex, this is criminal. I mean, you—

Mer opens the curtain to expose a naked Alex, causing him to freak out.

Meredith: what's your problem?
Alex: get out! I'm naked here!
Delilah: so what Alex? We've both seen it before.

Alex and I have that sort of sibling relationship where we've seen each other naked and we don't even care.

Meredith: it's no big deal! I'm in a crisis! Okay, fine. It's– your junk is spectacular. Jo is a very lucky girl.
Delilah: totally. Anyways, back to your crisis Mer.
Meredith: why are you making that face Alex?
Alex: Mer, I realize that I said I would also be your person too, even though I'm already Lilah's person. Maybe that means I have to buy your tampons and act like your husband's hair is special and crap. But I have a very important presentation to make to the board today to get a job, which I need because I got fired by Dr. Butthole! I have been practicing all night. I am sleep deprived. I need to shower– alone– and focus!

Alex closes the curtain but Mer opens it again.

Meredith: you didn't even hear what I said!
Alex: no, and I don't care.
Delilah: Alex!
Meredith: the new cardio Chief thinks she's my biological sister.

Alex opens the curtain again.

Alex: she what? Wait. What?! That's insane.
Meredith: thank you.

We continue to talk about Mer's crisis then Mer and I leave the bathroom to wait for Alex to finish his shower. When we walk out, Jo and Stephanie were in the bedroom.

Jo: hey.
Stephanie: morning Dr. Grey and Avery-Shepherd.

Mer and I look at each other then we walk out of the room.

Meredith: tell Alex we'll be downstairs.
Delilah: and if anybody asks, we are sick.

Mer and I run downstairs and wait for Alex. I text Amy and Jackson as I sit on the couch.

Me: hey, not coming into work today. Not feeling the best. Take over my patients for me today pls and thank you ❤️

Fav Aunt Amy 💘: of course kiddo ❤️ feel better soon 😘

Me: you're the best ☺️😘 let me know if anything happens.

Fav Aunt Amy 💘: you got it boss ❤️

Me: ur amazing and I love you 😘❤️

After I text Amy, I text Jackson.

Me: hey sweetie. Not coming to work today, not feeling too good. So I don't know if I'll be at the board meeting tonight, but I'll try my best to show up. But if I can't, I want you to know that I'm voting for Alex all the way. I'm not voting for him because he's my best friend/person, I'm voting for him because he deserves that spot.