Chapter 71:

I get a text from dad in the middle of the night about Addison. My heart broke when I hear about my uncle Archer. When my dad and Addison were married, Archer always loved me. He always spoiled me and made me laugh.

I didn't hesitate to speed to the hospital and meet my dad in the ambulance bay with the Chief.

Delilah: are they here yet?
Dad: any minute now.

I see the ambulance zoom in. I jump in front of the double doors and my heart breaks when I see a sad Addison sitting there with Archer on a gurney and I was surprised but happy to see Naomi with them. I help Addison out of the ambulance then the Chief pulls her into a hug and I approach my dad as he hugs Naomi. After their quick hug, I give Naomi a hug as well.

Delilah: I wish we were seeing each other under different circumstances. But it's so good to see you Naomi.
Naomi: you too Lilah.

I pull away from Naomi as Addison and dad pull away from their hug. I give Addison a sympathetic smile.

Addison: Lilah...
Delilah: oh Addie...

I walk over to my mother figure and pull her into a hug.

Delilah: he's gonna be okay Addie. Dad and I aren't gonna let anything happen to him, I promise.

I wrap my arm around Addie then we rush into the hospital and straight to the ICU. I start checking his pupils as the Chief does CPR.

Webber: does he know how he got the parasite?
Addison: he thinks he got it from eating unwashed fruit in Mexico.

Then, Archer's monitors start beeping erratically.

Nurse he's bradycardic.
Delilah: what the hell? Why is he bradycardic and hypotensive?
Dad: he's having a reaction to the fentanyl drip.
Delilah: okay, stop the fentanyl drip and push the narcan.
Addison: wait. Derek, Lilah, he was in status. I mean, if you take him off the drip and he seizes up, there could be permanent brain damage.
Delilah: we better hope that doesn't happen.
Addison: hope? That– that's what your plan is– is hinging on, hoping that– that the worst doesn't happen?
Dad: yeah, we're hoping he's stopped seizing because we know if we don't reverse the drip, his heart is going to arrest. So unless you have a better idea... push the narcan.

Then, Archer goes into v-fib.

Delilah: Chief, he's in v-fib! GET A CRASH CART, NOW!

I'm not focusing on anything but Archer today. I'm not going to let my family die.

-later in the morning-

The Chief gave me permission to stay with Archer today which I was beyond thankful for considering I was gonna fight him to stay with Archer.

Delilah: hey. I'm all yours today Addie. I had a talk with the Chief and he gave me permission to stay with you.
Addison: Lilah, you didn't have to do that.
Delilah: Addie, I love you and I love Archer. And besides, there's no use in fighting me when you know I'll win.

I wrap my arm around Addie and kiss her forehead. I walk into the room to see my dad.

Delilah: how's he looking?
Dad: he's groggy, his eyes are open and he hasn't tried to kill me.
Delilah: that's a good sign, right?

Dad and I let out a small chuckle as we walk out of the room together to talk to Addie.

Dad: he's groggy, his eyes are open but I don't think he's awake because he hasn't tried to kill me. Her brother hates me.
Addison: people pick sides in a divorce Derek.
Dad: he picked sides in the marriage.