Chapter 176:

Working in the ER is chaotic but I've been getting a lot of help.

I'm standing by the nurses station with Dr. Robbins, Dr. Grey and Dr. Kepner when Dr. Riggs approaches.

Riggs: Keps, call the plumber, would you?
April: sure.

I look at the guy confused as he walks off.

Meredith: did he really just call the morge "the plumber"?
April: oh, yeah. That's something we say over there. They circle the drain, then they clog it. "Call the plumber".
Meredith: Hunt's right. We hate that guy.

I chuckle as Dr. Grey walks off. Just as she walks off, Dr... Dylan approaches Dr. Kepner. Jackson has been telling me about their life and the most recent update was that they were newly divorced. I felt bad for the two.

Dylan: hey, you got a minute?
April: hi, yeah. What's up?
Dylan: um, listen, I just got our last joint cellphone bill, and I'm pretty sure they still charged your card, so I just want to write you a check.
April: it's fine.
Dylan: no, no, no. You shouldn't have to—
April: no, seriously Dylan. It's fine.
Dylan: if you're sure...
April: this one's on me.
Dylan: okay.

I was surprised how calm Dr. Kepner was.

Arizona: you have to tell him.
April: why?
Arizona: "why"?
April: so he'll come back to me? He doesn't want to be married. A baby wasn't gonna change that. It shouldn't change that.

My eyes grow wide.

Delilah: you're having a baby?!
April: oh, I forgot you were here. Uh, yeah I am.
Delilah: wow! I'm so happy for you April!

My eyes grow wide.

Delilah: oh my god... I remembered this time. Without pausing!
Arizona: way to go Delilah!
Delilah: I have to find Jackson!

I run off to find Jackson and I see him doing a consult in a patient's room.

Delilah: oh, sorry to interrupt.
Jackson: you aren't interrupting. I was just finishing. We can discuss more later on.

Jackson walks out of the room and I take him into an empty conference room.

Jackson: is everything okay?
Delilah: I remembered a name! I remembered April's name, and I didn't pause to try and remember!
Jackson: that's amazing hon!
Delilah: are you proud of me?
Jackson: of course I am. Follow up test, what is April to you?

That's where I drew a blank.

Delilah: ... damn it. DAMN IT!!

I bang my fists angrily on the desk and groan in frustration.

Jackson: hey, hey, it's okay.

Jackson pulls me into a hug to calm me down.

-later-

I was paged to the ER by Dr. Grey so I asked a nurse to lead me. When I get there, I find Dr. Grey.

Delilah: hey. You paged me?
Meredith: come here.

Dr. Grey takes my hand and guides me towards a patient. It was a blonde girl who looked like she was in her 20s.

Meredith: our first year. Our first day. Subarachnoid hemorrhage. You're Katie Bryce.
Katie: oh my god. They still let the both of you be doctors here?

I was confused. I was her doctor in the past?

I push the thought aside then I help Dr. Grey and Dr. Shepherd bring the patient to her room.