Chapter 87:

I'm sitting in a meeting held by Bailey in the skills lab with a bunch of the other residents. My dad arranged the meeting because he thought it would be best to brush up on our patient sensitivity skills. I know some people who need it. Not to point fingers, but... Cristina.

Anyways, Jackson was sitting on top of a table while I was standing in front of him in between his legs.

Bailey: uh, reaction, observation, communication– any questions so far?

Most of the residents, except me, raise their hands.

Bailey: Shepherd, care to answer the very obvious question?
Delilah: we're doing this because Chief Shepherd, my father, suggested that we should brush up on patient sensitivity skills.
Bailey: correct.

Jackson leans into my ear and whispers.

Jackson: suck up much?
Delilah: shut up pretty boy.

Jackson and share a tiny laugh before going back to listening to Bailey.

Meredith's POV:

I look over my shoulder and I see Jackson whispering in Lilah's ear. I nudge Cristina a bit and nudge my head in her direction. We look at them and we see them laugh for a second before they turn back to Bailey. I raise an eyebrow when I see Jackson wrap his arms around Lilah from behind, which made her blush.

Meredith: they're gonna be together in the next couple of months.
Cristina: definitely.

My POV:

Bailey: it just so happens, this morning was a very good time. Besides, half of you were raised by wolves. I can only name one person in this room who doesn't actually need to brush up on her patient sensitivity. Maybe y'all should learn from her.

Bailey looks at me with pride and I smile proudly as Bailey writes on the board.

Bailey: reaction. Keep your face impassive. Whether prompted by a patient's appearance or lab results, facial expressions of surprise, concern, disgust, etc, can be counterproductive. Uh, la la la la la... jokes. Don't make jokes about patients. Not in front of them, not even in private.
Cristina: well...
Bailey: Yang?
Cristina: what if the joke is really funny?
Bailey: it's not. Neither was that one. Moving on.

Jackson and I laugh at Cristina before Bailey moves on. I lean on Jackson's chest a bit and close my eyes for a second.

Jackson: you alright?
Delilah: tired. Haven't had enough coffee.
Jackson: take mine.
Delilah: no, it's fine. I'll just grab some when I have time.
Jackson: you're scary when you're not properly caffeinated. Take my coffee.

I chuckle at Jackson who hands me his coffee. I take his coffee and smile.

Delilah: you love meee.
Jackson: I guess.

I chuckle at Jackson before turning my focus back on Bailey. My focus was taken away when I felt my phone buzz.

Coolest Dad Ever ❤️: Gary Clark is in the hospital. He filed a wrongful death suit in his wife's case. I just met my lawyer and I'm about to have a meeting with all of them. Tell me something good before I go in.

Me: everything is going to be fine. You can do this. I know you're under a lot of pressure but all you need to do is breathe. If you need me at all today, page me and I'll come running. I love you ❤️

Coolest Dad Ever ❤️: best daughter in the world. Love you more baby ❤️

Suddenly, I hear Bailey's pager go off.