Chapter 38:

Ahhh, another beautiful day in Seattle. I walk into the locker room and I get greeted by my lovely friends. I tilt my head in confusion when I see Meredith chugging a bottle of Pepto Bismol.

Delilah: Mer, are you okay hon?
Meredith: I'm fine. I'm just... not feeling like myself.
Alex: O'Malley has that effect on women. Ask Dr. Torres.
George: what's that supposed to mean?
Alex: you threw her out on her ass.
Delilah: hate to agree with Alex there Georgie, but he kind of does have a point. That was kind of mean.
George: who told you that?
Alex: Torres. Don't worry, I get it. She's hot... but she's not for you.
George: why is that?
Alex: cause she's hot.

I chuckle at Alex then whack him in the head before changing into my scrubs. Once I was ready, we start rounds. We try our best catch up with a very cranky looking Bailey.

Bailey: let's go people. I've been in surgery since 2 am and I am in no mood.

I stand next to Bailey and give her a smile which she reciprocates.

Delilah: you still look great Dr. Bailey.
Bailey: thank you Shepherd.
Alex: Yang, you're late.
Cristina: hey, I got here before George!
George: I'm here! I was here!
Bailey: nice of you to join us Yang.
Cristina: oh, what are you smiling about? Aren't you supposed to be on the Gynie Brigade?
Alex: yeah, whatever.

I chuckle at my friends then I fall back when I see Meredith holding her stomach so I stand next to her and hold her.

Delilah: are you sure you're okay Mer? You don't look so hot.
Cristina: woman troubles?
Meredith: men troubles. I think this dating two guys thing is getting to me. The stress of it. Finn, Derek. Derek, Finn. I think I'm getting an ulcer.
Delilah: I don't blame ya Mer.
Cristina: McDreamy and the vet are making you sick?
Meredith: I just need to make a choice and get it over with.

I stay close to Meredith as we walk into Shawn Sullivan's room.

Delilah: Shawn Sullivan, age 62. Had minimally invasive bypass surgery two days ago to remove a blockage from his LAD.
Mr. Sullivan: I'm all better now, thank you Delilah sweetheart. So, what do you think Miranda? Can I stop being a burden to you good people and go home?
Mrs. Sullivan: you need to stop interrupting the doctors Shawn. You need to listen to what they say.
Mr. Sullivan: I need to get back to the dealership. They're going to can me if I'm gone too long.
Mrs. Sullivan: they can't can you sweetie, you're the best salesman they've got.
Bailey: what do you sell?
Mr. Sullivan: cars.
Mrs. Sullivan: my Shawnie could sell... anything.
Bailey: I believe he can. What he can't sell me on is going back to work before he gets his oxygen levels up, so put that oxygen back on Mr. Sullivan before I even think about letting you out of here. And if I do, I want your word: nothing fried, no alcohol and no cigarettes.
Mr. Sullivan: oh, you're tough Miranda.
Delilah: Shawn, I'd like to think I know Dr. Bailey very well and I know for a fact that she won't sign those discharge papers until she has your word.
Mr. Sullivan: I give you my word.
Bailey: alright then. Mrs. Sullivan, you need to go to the front desk to fill out some paper work and maybe you can take your husband home.

We all walk out of the room and I stay close to Meredith's side.

Bailey: you alright Dr. Grey?
Meredith: yeah Dr. Bailey. I just...

I see my dad approaching us as Meredith sits on the arm rest of a chair and holds her stomach.

Meredith: ... need to make a choice, is all.

My dad approaches Mer and I.

Dad: Karev. Hi sweetie. Dr. Grey, I am clipping a basilar tip aneurysm. Any interest...

My dad pauses his thoughts when he sees Addison approaching. She walks past my dad and walks up to Dr. Bailey.

Addison: Dr. Bailey, can I get...