Chapter 100:

When Dr. Webber told dad and I to put Adele into the trial, we didn't hesitate to start doing a work up.

Delilah: a lot of patients need time to come to terms with their diagnosis Chief.
Meredith: I mean, it happened with my mother.
Webber: we don't have time. Delilah, Derek, we need to get Adele in on your trial right now.
Dad: we need her consent to even consider her.
Webber: look, I'll take care of that. Don't worry.
Delilah: sir, we don't know if she fits the criteria, and the trial is full. Even the waiting list is full.
Webber: I know all of that. I also know that you two will do whatever you need to do to help my wife.

I let out a sigh as the Chief walks away.

-later-

I walk with my dad to the room of our next trial patient.

Delilah: so... I'm gonna ask Jackson to move in with me.
Dad: really? That's great.
Delilah: be honest with me right now dad. Do you think it's a bad idea? I know we've only been together for, like nine months, but I love Jackson and he loves me. We've been doing great together and when I see my future and where I want to be in my life, the people I want in my life... the first person I think of is Jackson. I want this dad.

My dad smiles at me with pride in his eyes.

Dad: go for it sweetie. Truthfully, I think it's a good idea.
Delilah: really?
Dad: yes. Honey, I've never seen you so happy before. Avery is good for you and I've seen how much he loves you and if this is what you want, then I'm happy.
Delilah: thanks daddy.
Dad: anything for you hon.

My dad kisses my forehead before we walk into our patient's room.

Dad: ah, Sonya. You ready for the big day?
Sonya: you bet. Try to shave as little of my head as possible. It's hard enough dating with Alzheimer's. I can't be bald too.
Delilah: we promise Sonya. And even if you were bald, you'd still be beautiful.
Dad: you must be Tarik. Congratulations on the marathon, by the way.
Delilah: yes, congratulations.
Tarik: you didn't.
Sonya: they're not like other doctors. They actually interested in their patients.
Delilah: yeah, we heard that you just moved back from London.
Tarik: yeah, I came as soon as you accepted us into the trial. I can't thank you both enough.
Dad: no, we're glad you're here. Thank you. Alright, we're gonna let Dr. Grey get on with her work, and I'll see you in a little bit.

-later-

I'm in the fourth floor lounge helping Mark and Arizona decorate for Callie's baby shower. As the godmother, it is my duty to make sure Callie has the best baby shower ever.

Mark: thanks for helping us out kiddo.
Delilah: you kidding me? This is going to be the baby shower of the freakin' century.
Mark: you're the best.
Delilah: well, name your baby after me then we can call it even.

My godfather kisses my forehead then I go back to making decorations.

Cristina: where do you want this?

I smile at Mer and Cris bringing a table into the lounge.

Arizona: what's that for?
Mark&D: scrapbook station.
Mark: put it next to that box with the glitter pens.
Arizona: oh, no no no. Don't put it anywhere. We're not having a scrapbook station.
Delilah: oh come on Arizona, lighten up a little.
Mark: you heard Callie this morning. She wants us to go all out.
Delilah: just move the table guys.
Arizona: no. Don't move the table. Mark, this isn't a scrapbook kind of shower.
Mark: you're wrong. Yang, tell her. Torres wants all the girly stuff– games, onesie decorating.
Cristina: I have a patient.
Mark: Grey.
Meredith: I can't get over the fact that you know what onesie decorating is.
Delilah: he's been stepping up.
Mark: exactly. I've been boning up. That's what you do for the people you love.
Arizona: oh, bite me Mark.