Chapter 15:

Izzie, George and Cristina decided to sit at a table near the bar and I stay with Meredith at the bar.

Meredith: I actually said "pick me". Right? I did? "Pick me".
Joe: I think it's romantic.
Delilah: totally Mer.
Meredith: it's not romantic, it's horrifying. Horror movie horrifying. Carrie at the prom with the pig's blood horrifying.
Joe: okay fine, it's horrifying. But Carrie took out an entire senior class as revenge. Gotta say, I like that in a girl.
Meredith: I said "pick me".

I pat Meredith on the back then I join the others near by.

Cristina: when you tell someone "I'll meet you later at a bar tonight", how long exactly does that mean you're supposed to wait?
George: do you think he's really not coming?
Izzie: it is getting a little hard to watch.
Cristina: it was hard to watch an hour ago. Now it's just pathetic.

I smack Cristina on the arm.

Delilah: Cristina! She can hear you.
Meredith: who's pathetic?

George and Izzie give Cristina a look.

Cristina: what?
Meredith: you, who pretended to be my friends are calling me pathetic behind my back in front of my face. Why don't you just dump the pig's blood on me now and get it over with?

The bar bell rings and I see Tyler walk in. He nods at the others and smiles and waves at me, which I reciprocate. Then, a pager goes off. Then, George's pager goes off. Eventually, all of our pagers go off.

Bar Patron: Joe, turn up the TV!

I look up at the TV and I see the news showing a giant train wreck. Literally.

TV: a massive train wreck occurred just outside of Seattle just minutes ago.
Cristina: 911.
Izzie: we just worked a 30 hour shift.
George: I don't have any clean underwear.
Delilah: I'm all greasy and dirty.

We all start getting our stuff. George pats for both his drink and mine then we walk towards the door. I turn around to face Meredith.

Delilah: Mer?

Meredith waves goodbye to Joe then stumbles over to me. I keep an arm around her as we walk into the hospital. We change into our scrubs in the elevator then we bolt out of the elevator.

Cristina: I think I saw a pneumothorax. I hope I get a pneumothorax.

We all start grabbing trauma gowns except Meredith. George helps me with my trauma gown then I help him with his. Then, I see Dr. Bailey walk past us, wearing a beautiful dress and heels.

George: oh!
Bailey: what are you looking at?
Delilah: hi Dr. Bailey. Anniversary dinner got ruined?
Bailey: hello Shepherd. Yes, unfortunately.

I chuckle at my resident as she throws her jacket and purse at Alex.

Bailey: let's move people.
Meredith: hello. I seem to be a little drunk. I was off duty.
Bailey: so was I! Anybody else half in the bottle.

I shake my head along with the others. George taps my shoulder and asks me to check his breath to make sure. He breaths out and I tell him that he was fine.

Bailey: alright then. Grey, just stay out of the way. I'll deal with you later. The rest of you, stick with me and wait for your assignments. Now, you get all aquiver at the sight of blood, and organs but it's gonna be a long night and you're already tired. I don't want any mistakes.

I watch Cristina still tying Bailey's gown.

Bailey: come on now!
Cristina: I'm done. I'm done.

We enter the ER and we see an overflow of patients.

Delilah: oh my god...
Cristina: I'm so not tired anymore.
George: me neither. I'm not tired either.
Delilah: me too.