Chapter 94:

A lot has happened lately. Owen won the million dollars, we got trauma certified, we had a documentary made on the hospital, Arizona won the Carter Madison Grant and is now in Africa helping sick kids, Callie and Arizona broke up and now Callie is staying in Seattle, but the most shocking thing that happened, is that Cristina quit her job. I was really shocked when Owen told me she quit her job.

Anywho, we're in the auditorium listening to grand rounds. I was sitting in between April and Jackson, with Jackson's arm wrapped around my waist, as we listen to Teddy speak. While Teddy was speaking, Jackson was complaining.

April: it's all in your head.
Jackson: my name isn't on the OR board. I checked the schedule. Nobody wants to work with me, 'cause I'm not on anybody's service.
April: it's an oversight, okay? Just– just ask around.
Jackson: do you know how many things I've screwed up in the last month?
Delilah: baby, you're seriously overreacting. It's all in your head. Just ask around and get on someone's service.

I see Alex walking in and I cringe when I smell a strong scent of booze on him.

Delilah: Alex, my love, you know I love you more than anything, but oh my god, you reek.
Alex: good morning to you too best friend. I called you a million times but you never picked up.
Delilah: did you? Oh god, I'm sorry sweetie.
Meredith: you smell like you're sweating booze. Where have you been?
Jackson: I want the weekend you had.
Alex: what happens in Vegas, you know? Lilah, who's Stark? I'm supposed to be on Stark's service today.
April: oh, me too.
Delilah: he's the news Peds Attending. He's the new Robbins.
Alex: crap. I can't handle a bunch of sick kids today. I can't do it.
April: so was it a bachelor party, or—
Delilah: shhh. They're talking about Cristina.

I lean my head on Jackson's shoulder as I put my attention back onto Teddy as she talks about Cristina.

Teddy: it became clear to Dr. Yang that they were gonna need to switch modalities. The patient was put on ECMO...
Doctor: why did Dr. Yang opt to use the intra-aortic balloon pump over an R-VAD?
Teddy: I, um, I can't answer for Dr. Yang.
Doctor: and why isn't she here?

If this guy doesn't shut up about Cristina, I will not hesitate to strangle him with my bare hands.

Teddy: she, um... she quit. She left the program.

Murmurs were heard all over the auditorium.

-later-

Jackson: Grey, who are you with today?
Lexie: Shepherd.
Jackson: damn it. I've already blown it with Shepherd. I can't ask him. Uh... Bailey. I haven't blown it with her yet.
Delilah: my boyfriend thinks that nobody wants to work with him.
Lexie: are they saying that, or are you saying that?
Jackson: do you know who Dylan's with sweetheart?
Delilah: I think he's with my dad today along with Lexie.
Jackson: April, who are you with again?
April: Karev. Uh, I mean Stark.
Jackson: no, you meant Karev. And you don't want to go there.
Delilah: my boyfriend's right April. Alex may be my brother, but you really don't wanna go there.
April: you don't know where I'm going.
Lexie: he's right. You don't want to go there.
April: I'm not– I'm not going anywhere.
Delilah: April, Alex isn't the guy for you, okay?
Lexie: she's right, okay? Trust me. And don't be paranoid. Trust me on that too.

Lexie walks off.

Jackson: who are you with princess?
Delilah: Owen. I'm serious baby, just ask Bailey.

I give my boyfriend a kiss as I walk off to find Owen. On the way, I run into Dylan.

Delilah: hey! You're with my dad today, right?
Dylan: yeah. He scares me.
Delilah: my dad scares you? Why?
Dylan: I think that he thinks we're dating.
Delilah: us?! Oh my god!!