Chapter 95:

I wake up to the sound of Jackson screaming again, so I latch onto Jackson's shoulders and shake him.

Delilah: Jackson! Baby, wake up.

Jackson shoots up frantically and starts looking around.

Jackson: Charles. Where's Charles?
Delilah: he's not here. He's dead baby.

I hug my boyfriend for a minute as he cries in my arms.

Delilah: shh, it's okay baby. I'm here my love. It's okay.

After a minute, I pull away and kiss his forehead.

Jackson: time for work?
Delilah: yeah.

I get out of bed and start getting ready for work. Once we were both ready, we take my car to work. We meet up with Mer, April, Lexie, Alex and Dylan in the elevator.

Meredith: your dad has some big news to tell you.
Delilah: do you know what it is?
Meredith: yes I do, but he thought it would be better if you hear it from him.

We get to our floor and we walk out together. I see April let out a yawn as I see most of the Attendings together.

Mark: did you just yawn? Was that a yawn?
Teddy: don't tell us that you're tired after getting to sleep all day.
Delilah: I actually feel great.
April: it's not as easy as it sounds.
Bailey: not easy? Not e– when I was a resident, I actually worked for a living. I did every other night call for five years.
Stark: there were days that I didn't go home for 72 hours. I loved it.
Alex: as you trudged through the snow while you whittled your own scalpels.

Jackson, Dylan and I hold back our laughter.

Stark: sorry, I didn't quite catch that Karev.
Bailey: uh, Karev, I need you to follow up on my post ops. And here, take this research. Divide out all the fistula cases. Shepherd, you can check in on some of your dad's patients, and Vivian Gallagher has been requesting to see you all day. You can stick with her tonight.
Teddy: Avery, Hudson and little Grey, Hunt is waiting for you in the pit.
Callie: alright. Try not to screw up our patients. Del, do you mind checking in on a couple of my patients for me?
Delilah: sure Cal.
Callie: this is why you're my favourite.
Delilah: I know.
Callie: goodnight and good luck.
Mark: gonna be over at the bar. Try not to need us. Lilah, since you're the best goddaughter in the world, can you check on a couple of my patients too?
Delilah: I hope you know that you, Callie and my dad owe me coffee for two weeks for doing all this for you.
Mark: you're an angel. Oh, text your dad.

Mark kisses my head and walks off. I grab Vivian's chart and I walk to her room. When I get there, I see Cody and Damon in the room with Viv.

Delilah: I was told my presence was requested?
Vivian: there you are darling!
Delilah: how do you feel today momma?
Vivian: I feel okay, I guess. Sweetheart, I feel like we haven't seen each other in forever.
Delilah: sorry Viv, I've been really busy lately. I've been recovering physically and emotionally from the shooting, and work has been nuts.
Vivian: it's okay hon, I understand. How are you now?
Delilah: I'm happy. I get to do what I love with the people I love, and I'm in a very happy relationship.
Damon: you're dating again? That's awesome Lilah.
Cody: yeah, totally awesome. Do we know the guy?
Delilah: he's a surgeon here, so no.
Vivian: and you're really happy?
Delilah: very. Actually... we just said I love you to each other.
Cody: wow. That's really sweet. We're glad you're happy.
Delilah: thanks. Listen, I have to check on a few other patients for some of the surgeons around here but I'll be back when I can.

I walk out of the room and I decided to text my dad.

Me: Mer told me you had something big to tell me??