Chapter 10:

I didn't stay in my apartment long until I grab my things and drive to the bar across the street from the hospital. I bump into George and Cristina as I make my way to the entrance and I walk in with them.

Cristina: you still pissed off baby Shepherd?
Delilah: more now. Need drink to forget everything.

George wraps an arm around me as we walk into the bar.
Joe: all hail the champ!

Everyone in the bar cheers for George as we sit up at the bar with Meredith who looked fairly drunk, not that I blame her.

Joe: so, my guy Alex finally got what was coming for him.
Cristina: George knocked him down in one punch. You should've seen it.
George: I don't wanna talk about it!
Joe: brag champ, brag. You've earned it.
George: can I have a beer please? What about you D?
Delilah: bourbon. Give me enough to either kill me or make me forget about today. Greatly appreciate it Joe.
Cristina: uh oh, baby Shepherd's drinking bourbon. That can't be good.
George: the only time you've ever had bourbon was at that party at our house when you were drunk out of your mind.
Delilah: usually, I only drink bourbon when I'm so mad that I want to murder someone.
Meredith: let's play a game of whose life sucks the most. I'll win, I always win.
Cristina: no, you don't want to play with me.
Joe hands me my cup of bourbon and a small cup of coffee.
Meredith: oh, I do. I'll even go first. Derek's married.

George does a spit take and I chug my bourbon down.
Cristina: George, beer is dripping from your nostrils.
Meredith: told you I'd win.

I rub George's back as I clean up the mess.

Cristina: no, you didn't win.
Meredith: did you hear me? I said Derek is married. As in pigheaded, adulterous, liar married, sorry Delilah. Nothing you could say could top that.
Cristina: I'm pregnant. I win.

Meredith's eyes widen and after a minute, she turns to me. The mini Derek.

Meredith: Delilah—
Delilah: Mer, I—

I get cut off by Joe, the bartender, falling to the ground holding his head.
Delilah: oh my god!
Cristina: okay. Maybe Joe wins.

I keep Joe's head on my lap as Meredith and Cristina come to his side. I tell a guy near me to call an ambulance. The girls and I try to keep Joe down as he tries to get up.

Cristina: Joe, lie down.
Man: the medics are coming.
Delilah: thanks.
Joe: you called the gurney patrol?
Meredith: sit back and relax. We have to take you to the hospital to run some tests.
Joe: tests? I don't need tests. I'm fine!
Delilah: Joe, you are far from fine.
Cristina: dude! You collapsed! On the floor. This is your bar. You know how filthy this floor is.
Meredith: radial pulse is strong.
Cristina: minor skull contusions.
Meredith: you're sleeping with someone?
George: what? Who?
Delilah: not the time you two.
Cristina: why is that such a shock? Even George managed to get some action.
George: correction. George got some syphilis.
Meredith: how could I not know you were sleeping with someone?
Joe: forget this.
Cristina: Joe!
Joe: the hospital is right across the street. I can sure as hell walk across the street by myself.

Joe stands up and starts walking out.

Cristina: oh, I think we should—
George: no, I got him. Joe!

I quickly down my coffee Joe gave me to sober my buzzed brain then I awkwardly grab my things along with Meredith then we make our way to the hospital. I can't tell if Meredith is mad at me or not over the whole Addison thing. If she is, Addison is dead the next time I see her. I walk alongside Cristina and Meredith through the hallway of the hospital.

Meredith: alright, details. You're pregnant? What are you gonna do?
Cristina: look, you know what happens to pregnant interns. I'm not switching to the vagina squad or spending my life popping zits. I'm too talented. Surgery's my life.
Meredith: which begs the question: who are you sleeping with?
Cristina: just a guy.
Meredith: that's all we get? Delilah, don't you want to know?
Cristina: baby Shepherd already knows.
Delilah: and you will not corrupt me into telling.
Meredith: oh come on! You can't just bring something like this up and expect me to drop it.
Cristina: well, watch me.
Delilah: we are not going to press Cristina anymore. She will tell us if and when she wants to and no matter what Cristina chooses to do, we will support her no matter what.