Chapter 86:

As I was getting ready for work, I get a call from Mer.

Me- hey Mer.
Meredith- I need you and Alex. Cristina isn't answering her phone and Izzie isn't here so I need you, and I need Alex to be a girl for me.
Me- you with Alex right now?
Alex- yep!
Me- hey Ally. So what's up? What did my dad do this time?
Alex- want me to kick his ass?
Me- want me to yell at him?
Meredith- he wants me to have a baby.
Alex- so you do want me to kick his ass.
Meredith- Alex.
Me- Mer, do you want to have a baby?
Meredith- a baby doesn't want me. I had the worst mother in the world. I would be the worst mother in the world.
Me- that's not true Mer.
Alex- Izzie wants a divorce. She sent the papers– the official papers.
Meredith- you want me to kick her ass?
Me- I'll kick her ass.
Dad- hey Alex... hey.
Meredith- he's being a girl for me.
Alex- dude, it's true.
Me- I'm here too! Hi daddy.
Dad- hi sweetheart. There's a guy downstairs, says he's your brother. You want me to send him up here to the bathroom– since this seems to be where you receive your visitors?
Me- tell him to wait dad.
Dad- yeah.
Meredith- want me to get rid of him?
Alex- what is he doing here?
Me- I'll see you guys at the hospital. Byeee!

I finish getting ready then as I grab my bag, I get a text from Jackson.

Pretty Boy 😋: I'm standing at ur door. Thought I'd pick you up for work ❤️

I start smiling at my phone as I run to the door. I smile when I see Jackson at the door holding two cups of coffee.

Jackson: morning angel.
Delilah: this is why I keep you around.

Jackson chuckles at me as I take the coffee from him and we ride to work together.

Delilah: so, Alex's brother is here.
Jackson: Karev has a brother?
Delilah: he does. Anyways...

We talk the entire way to the hospital and to the locker room. We walk around together for a little while then I get paged by Dr. Webber to work on a case. I'm standing in a room with Webber, April and Lexie talking to Alison Clark and her husband Gary.

Alison: so then a couple days ago, we're at the grocery store, Gary and I, and the next thing I know, I'm flat on my back in the frozen foods section.
Gary: she fainted.
Alison: and I've never fainted. I never seen anybody faint. I don't believe in fainting.
Webber: did you hit your head?
Alison: I would've if this one hadn't caught me.
Delilah: Mrs. Clark is anemic and guaic positive, so there's definitely some internal bleeding, which looks like it's coming from a—
April: friable tumor near the ampulla of vater.

I look over at April and give her a fake smile.

Delilah: yes. Thank you for that, Dr. Kepner.
Gary: Dr. Swender told us the biopsy showed the cancer was back. But she said you might be able to take it out.
Webber: there's a chance I won't be able to go in as deeply as I'll need to, but I promise to do everything I can.
Gary: anything you could do.
Alison: we appreciate it Dr. Webber. Thank you.

-later-

I find Mer and Alex in the waiting room talking to someone.

Meredith: Alex, he's your brother.
C&D: Evil Spawn [this is] has a [your] brother?
Meredith: ah. Aaron, Cristina Yang and Delilah Shepherd.
Aaron: it's nice to meet you both. I'm Aaron Karev.
Cristina: oh my god. You're so nice. He's so ni– why can't you be nice like your brother...
C&D: Angel Spawn.

Cris and I share a laugh.

Alex: why can't you?
Cristina: fair enough.