Chapter 106:

I start fixing my hair for the millionth time today. Today is a very special day because Catherine Avery, aka my boyfriend's mother, is coming to the hospital for a special case. Typically, I wouldn't be this nervous because most moms love me, but this is my boyfriend's mother. If I say one wrong thing, she'll probably hate me.

I'm sitting in between Dylan and Jackson, looking into a small mirror making sure that I look good.

Jackson: princess, quit looking at yourself.
Delilah: I wanna look good when I meet your mother.
Dylan: okay first of all, you look great. And second of all, Catherine will love you so you need to relax D.
Jackson: you are stunning baby. And Dylan's right, my mom will love you.
Delilah: not only am I meeting my boyfriend's mother, but I'm meeting the top urologist in the freakin' country. I'm nervous!
Dylan: a fair warning about Catherine. As lovely as she is—
Jackson: she tends to meddle. So warning you now that she might ask invasive questions.
Dylan: same goes for my mom.

Dylan had told me yesterday that his parents were coming for a Peds case they're working and honestly, I'm excited to meet Dylan's parents. I found it super funny that Dylan sent Lexie away to make sure that she doesn't meet his parents.

Cristina: I can't believe Altman postponed our surgery for grand rounds. It's just a boring lecture.
Meredith: your husband said it was mandatory.
Alex: one more hour of sleep, that's what it is.
April: it's not gonna be boring. This is Jackson's mother, Catherine Avery.
Meredith: she's a urologist, right?
Delilah: mhmm.
Alex: woah, Lilah, you're meeting the mother of the boyfriend. You feeling okay?
Delilah: I'm nervous as hell, so yeah, doing just peachy Alex.
April: I met her when I was an intern at Mercy West. She's amazing.
Jackson: she is... a lunatic.
Delilah: hey, be nice!
April: no she's not, she's brilliant. She says these things that shock you, but when you think about them later, they change your whole life.
Jackson: or they ruin your whole life. She's toxic. She's a meddler. My mom has no boundaries, be warned. Especially you love.
Delilah: hey, cut your mom some slack. And I'm sure that I'll love her, just as much as I love you.
Dylan: I love Catherine, but he isn't wrong. Catherine is known to not have boundaries. She's the same as my mother.
Alex: Hudson, is that why you shipped Lexie out of state?
Cristina: what? Oh, you shipped Lexie... wow. Who hides his girlfriend under a rock while his mommy comes into town?

I chuckle at my best friend as I lean my head on Jackson's shoulder.

Delilah: Jackson tried to do that to me, but it didn't work.
Jackson: I just don't want her scaring you off.
Alex: you couldn't scare her off if you tried.
Delilah: he's right.
Meredith: look, the person who would do that is a person who got hypocritical surgeons parents. I get it.
Cristina: are your moms ambidextrous? I bet they are. All the best surgeons are.
Jackson: wait a second. How often do you talk to my mom?
Dylan: yeah, I'd like to know how often you talk to my parents too Apes.
April: Catherine and I are Facebook friends. And I talk to your parents weekly Dylan.
Dylan: weekly?! Dude!
Jackson: you're– you and my mother?
April: she's a brilliant surgeon and woman. She's a trailblazer.
Meredith: and she's got a stalker.

I share a laugh with Cris.

April: hey, you know what? Just meet her. You'll see.

Suddenly, I hear someone speaking and I immediately sit up straight when I see Jackson's mother confidently walk on stage.

Catherine: wake up everybody. I know, I know it's grand rounds, where we have to sit and listen to somebody talk about how somebody did something and here's how they did it, and there's not enough coffee in Brazil for this.

I chuckle at the comment. I start anxiously playing with my necklace as Catherine continues.

Catherine: well, not today. Today, we are going to do. Today, I'm going to change a life, and maybe make medical history too. And I can't do it alone, so who wants to step into the future with me?
April: woo!