Chapter 127:

I'm with Mer and Cristina at the old house looking over our starter package. We have been doing this for a week and it's been crazy. This week hasn't been that great for Jackson and I. I still can't tell him anything and he's getting pissed that I'm leaving him in the dark. I want more than anything to tell him, but I can't. I have to leave him in the dark until after our plan has worked.

Cristina: a packet? We're gonna convince these people to give us 175 million dollars with a packet?
Meredith: it's a nice packet.
Delilah: Cris, it's a start.
Cristina: Mer, Lilah, Owen stopped calling. If this doesn't work, he'll never speak to me again.
Delilah: my love life isn't any better. Jackson is slowly getting more pissed that I'm not telling him anything. We just got married and I'm already keeping secrets from him. If this doesn't work, he's gonna hate me for the rest of my life.
Meredith: guys, once we buy the hospital, the sneaking around stops. And once Owen finds out what we did, he's gonna be the happiest of all. And Lilah, Jackson will understand once we buy the hospital. Derek is completely convin—

Mer suddenly goes silent and I realize that it was because Alex entered the kitchen, causing Cris to subtly hide the packet from his sight.

Alex: hey.
Cristina: hi.
Meredith: good morning.
Delilah: morning Ally.

The three of us sit in silence and wait for Alex to leave the room.

Alex: okay, really? It's been a week. What the hell is going on? You walk out, no warning, and now the hospital's falling apart. Yesterday, a bunch of nurses walked. We lost lab techs, support staff...
Cristina: what?
Alex: I mean, if you wanted to screw the Pegasus deal, success, high five. But now people are saying that without a buyer, the whole place could go belly up in a month. What are you trying to do?
Cristina: we—
M&D: Cristina.

We look at Cristina with a stern look then we look at Alex.

Alex: fine. Whatever.

I sigh as Alex walks out of the kitchen.

Delilah: I hated that as much as I hate sneaking around my husband.
Meredith: everything will be fine.

Jackson's POV:

I'm walking around the hospital with Stephanie and Dylan talking about Delilah.

Dylan: have you talked to her?
Jackson: haven't spoken to her in three days.
Dylan: dude, you need to cut her some slack.
Jackson: something is going on and she isn't telling me anything. I'm her husband, she's supposed to be honest with me.
Dylan: I know it sucks being left in the dark, but maybe it's for your own good.
Stephanie: she said you'd understand in time, right?
Jackson: yeah?
Dylan: so trust that. Dude, you love her. I'm sure she would tell you if she could.
Jackson: it's just... she quit without telling me why, and now she's hiding some big secret from me. I don't know what to think.
Dylan: I know it's confusing, but just give it some time.

I start going off into my own thoughts but Stephanie interrupts.

Stephanie: I think Dr. Webber's having a stroke.

Dylan and I both look up and I see Webber with my mom and Dylan's parents.

Dylan: you need to go.
Stephanie: where?
Jackson: just go, safe yourself. As Dylan's best friend, it's safer for you to leave.
Dylan: go now.

Dylan and I walk up to our parents and Webber.

Jackson: mom. How was breakfast?
Catherine: informative. Where's my beautiful daughter?

I let out a deep sigh.

Jackson: she, uh... she's busy mom. Probably not gonna see her until tonight.