Chapter 16:

My dad and Addison have been trying to work things out and in order to do that, they decided to do counselling. And for some stupid reason, Addison dragged me into it.

Delilah: I don't see why I have to be here. You're the ones who need counselling, not me.
Addison: we need to be here as a family.
Delilah: one, we are not family. And two, I don't need to be here.
Therapist: it's actually a good thing you're here Delilah. You can express your opinions on the matter. I know it would mean the world to your parents.
Delilah: are you deaf buddy? She's not my mother! She may be my dad's wife but she means nothing to me.
Dad: Delilah. Manners.
Delilah: sorry.

I sigh in frustration then I check my phone before the stupid therapist starts talking again.

Therapist: what do you, ah, need to make this marriage work?
Dad: I need her to move to Seattle.
Delilah: I second it.
Addison: that's just, ah—
Therapist: Addison, what do you need?
Addison: I need him to stop talking to Meredith. Delilah too.
Delilah: OKAY! That's where I draw the line!
Dad: ah, uh, I work with her!
Delilah: so do I! And uh, not to mention she's my best friend too!
Addison: you want me to pick up my entire practice and move here? Fine! I want you to give up your girlfriend.
Delilah: he did give up his girlfriend. And if you thin for one second that I would ever give up my best friend, you can forget it!
Dad: you wanted me to take you back, I took you back here in Seattle. And don't you dare try to take my daughter's best friend away from her.
Addison: see? Once again, it's all about what he wants.
Delilah: oh, don't you even go there!
Dad: okay, she's not listening to me. I'm not gonna move back to Manhattan. I'm not the same person you're used to—
Addison: I know, you're a flannel wearing, wood chopping fisherman. I get it!
Delilah: oh, you are just unbelievable!
Dad: oh, that's just great. I'm not gonna talk to her anymore if she's gonna behave like this.
Delilah: same!

Then, the timer dings.

Addison: fine!
Therapist: sorry guys, times up. Good progress.

I get my things and bolt out of the therapist office as fast as I could. I wait for my dad and once I see him, I pull him away from Addison.

Delilah: that was torture! I hope you know that I am never doing that again.
Dad: I'm sorry Addison dragged you here. I couldn't say anything.
Delilah: of course she wouldn't let you have a say. Manipulative little—
Dad: hey!
Delilah: sorry.
Dad: come on sweetie, you have to try and be nicer to Addison.
Delilah: I'm trying dad.

My dad gives me a look.

Delilah: I am! It's just... you know how protective I am of you. And after she cheated, I didn't expect you to give her another chance because, you know... cheating doesn't deserve a second chance. That's what I've always believed.
Dad: I know sweetheart but I loved Addison at one point and I have to at least try. I know you don't like it, but can you try for me?

I look at my dad and let out a sigh.

Delilah: you are so lucky I love you.

My dad kisses the top of my head.

Dad: I'll see you around the hospital, yeah?
Delilah: yeah.
Dad: I have a nerve case today. Tell Bailey I want you on it with me.
Delilah: okay, sure.

I get into my car then I drive straight to the hospital. I bolt to the nearest bathroom, change into my scrubs then find Bailey and the others for rounds. I find Bailey and the others plus Dr. Burke in Kimberley Griswold's room.

Alex: you're late Shepherd.
Bailey: zip it Karev. She has an excuse.
Delilah: yeah Alex, so shh!

Alex glares at me as Burke speaks.