Chapter 125:

I'm sitting in the locker room with my friends and Cristina starts talking about Alex and Jo. Recently, they've been getting a lot closer.

Alex: for the millionth time, Jo and I are not into each other.
Cristina: oh please. You and Ponytail-McGee were canines in heat last night. Literally.

I see Mer walk into the room and I walk over to the couch where she decided to sit and I sit next to her and lean my head on her shoulder. Ever since we got pregnant together, our relationship has grown even stronger than I ever thought was possible.

Meredith: told you they were doing it Hudson. Pay up.
Cristina: you two are, like, one drink away from crazy monkey sex. Just stuff her turkey. You'll feel better.
Alex: I feel fine. Look, I'm not screwing my ex every night and I'm not taking advantage of interns on someone else's sofa.

I had recently found out that Dylan and Stephanie Edwards were a thing and I'm glad that Dylan finally found someone.

Alex: you're gonna pay to have that thing disinfected.
Dylan: I'm not taking advantage. It's a really nice sofa though.
Cristina: hey Apes.

I look towards the door and I see April standing there.

April: hey, here's a question. Um, what ever happened to good old fashioned romance? No stuffing of turkeys or disinfecting sofas, but, you know, what about normal dates where people talk, share a meal, get to know each other, and then wind up together, not because they're monkeys, but because they have genuine feelings in a committed way. I mean, what is so wrong with that, huh?

The whole time April was talking, I was staring at the food in her hands.

M&D: are you gonna eat all of those?

April scoffs then walks off.

Alex: Lilah.

Alex hands me a cup of hot chocolate. Since I can't have coffee, I've been drinking a lot of hot chocolate. I would rather kill myself than drink decaf coffee, and I don't drink tea, so hot chocolate is the best way to go.

Delilah: you're the best.

Alex also hands me a croissant so I give him a kiss.

Delilah: Alexander Michael Karev, I love you.

I walk out of the room with Jackson to see our patient.

Jackson: one more week.
Delilah: one more week.

What is in one week you ask? Oh, nothing major. Other than the fact that I'm getting married next week!! Despite everything happening right now, I'm ready to get married and be married to the love of my life.

We walk into our patient's room and I see a photographer. Jackson was selected as a brand ambassador. I was asked as well, but I politely declined. I step aside as Jackson takes a few pictures with our patient. Suddenly, Alex comes into the room.

Alex: you're kidding. Cahill's got more of you guys trailing me?
Jackson: he's "trailing me". It's for this brand ambassador thing or something. It's not a– not a big deal. Just, uh, we'll be done in a sec.
Photographer: ready?

I smile as I watch Jackson get his picture taken. After Jackson got his picture taken, Alex pulls us aside.

Alex: you really think it's okay to let these people in here?
Jackson: the patient's fine with it.
Amrita: if he gets to stay, I get to stay.
Alex: it's the ambassador thing. You think this kid makes you look good.
Jackson: I always look good.

I smirk at my fiancé as we approach our patient.

Jess: we're at UW together. I'm a sophomore and Brian's a freshman.
Amrita: and is that where you met?
Brian: uh, actually, no. Uh, Dr. Karev introduced us. A few years ago, I booked an appointment to see how old I had to be to, you know, start the process.
Alex: he was 14.
Brian: and, uh, Dr. Karev told me about this transgender support group. That's where Jess and I met.
Jess: Brian walked in that first day, and all I could think was, "oh my god. He's so cute". I thought he'd never notice me.
Brian: it's impossible not to notice you.