Chapter 80:

I'm currently pacing in the abandoned hallway with Meredith, who has been approved to come back to work, waiting for Izzie. Izzie called Meredith and Meredith was forcing me to see her even though I hate her guts for what she did to Alex.

Delilah: I don't want to see her Meredith. Unless you want to see me rip her apart for breaking Alex's heart, I'm leaving.
Meredith: you're staying. Despite what she did, she is still your friend and we are going to help her.
Delilah: Mer—
Meredith: you're staying.

I let out a groan as I sit on one of the gurneys. I text Jackson as we wait for Izzie.

Me: if you see me at all today, don't mock me or else I'll kill you.

Pretty Boy 😋: wanna talk about it??

Me: not right now. Maybe later when you give me coffee to cheer me up 😋

Pretty Boy 😋: haha okay angel face ❤️

I start smiling and blushing at my phone.

Meredith: why you smiling like that?
Delilah: nothing.

Meredith looks at me suspiciously as I put my phone in my lab coat pocket.

Meredith: is there a boy I don't know about?
Delilah: jeez Mer, you sound like my dad.
Meredith: Del.
Delilah: it's nothing Mer. I was just texting Jackson.

Mer was about to say something when Izzie turns the corner wheeling an old man along.

Izzie: Meredith, Lilah, hey. Thanks for meeting me down here.
Meredith: where have you been? Are you okay?

Frankly, I could care less where she's been.

Izzie: I'm fine. I've been in Chehalis with my mom.
Dr. Singer: this is not Chehalis. Where the hell are we?
Izzie: we're in Seattle Dr. Singer. And this is Dr. Grey and Dr. Shepherd, my friends.

Not her friend anymore.

Izzie: this is Dr. Singer. He was my high school science teacher– a brilliant man. He really fought for me and he's the reason I became a surgeon.
Dr. Singer: I appreciate your taking the time to see us Dr. Grey and Shepherd, but I promised Isobel's algebra 2 teacher that I'd have her back in time for fifth period.
Meredith: I'm confused.
Izzie: so is he. The nursing home diagnosed him with Alzheimer's. But he's been falling a lot lately, and I think he could have a bleed.
Delilah: he's wearing pajamas and an overcoat. What did you do, sneak him out in the middle of the night?
Izzie: no.
Dr. Singer: early this morning.
M&D: you kidnapped him?
Izzie: can you guys please just– can you guys sneak him in to see Derek? Put him on a schedule, please.
Meredith: Izzie, you've been in Chehalis this whole time, and the only reason you came back is to bring a confused, sickly man for Derek to look at?
Izzie: yes.

I growl at Izzie and start hitting her as hard as I could.

Izzie: ow! Ow! Lilah, stop hitting me!
Delilah: you fucking deserve it Isobel Stevens. You completely abandoned Alex and he's been worried about you. We all have!
Izzie: look, please, can you please just get him in to see your dad? I'll be back later. I'll be back, okay?

Izzie turns to leave but Meredith stops her.

Meredith: no, you cannot leave him here.
Izzie: I'm not going in there.
Delilah: oh yes you are Isobel. Don't make me tackle you.
Meredith: you need to let Alex know that you're okay.
Delilah: Meredith's right.
Izzie: I am not going in there.
Dr. Singer: oh yes you're going in. So he got you pregnant. So what?
M&D: you're pregnant?!
Izzie: no. He thinks I'm 15 years old.
Meredith: right. Right.
Dr. Singer: so you're gonna go right into that school and show those cheerleaders that you have nothing to be ashamed of. Those little bitches are poisonous.