Chapter 17:

I decided to get some coffee with George before going to the hospital. We walked outside laughing and joking around like usual.

George: you still have my shirts, right?
Delilah: a couple of them. Why? Do you want them back?
George: one of them would be okay. And I think I left a pair of socks at your house a couple days ago.
Delilah: you did. I washed them by the way, you're welcome.
George: you're the best.

I see bird poop land on George's bagel, startling him a little bit.

George: oh crap!

George drops the bagel on the ground then the pigeon lands on the bagel and starts pecking at it.

Delilah: come on Georgie.

I loop my arm through his then as we step forward, I squeal and stumble back when I see a man drop to the ground onto the pavement. I drop down to my knees and check his injuries. I tell George to call 911. Once the ambulance shows up, I call Bailey and let her know. Once we reach the hospital, we take our guy into a trauma room.

Delilah: window washer. Fell from a fifth floor scaffolding.
Bailey: obvious open tib/fib fracture but otherwise okay.
Delilah: equal breath sounds.
George: after a five story fall, he's got equal breath sounds! This is unbelievable! Do you wanna hear?
Delilah: we believe you Georgie-kins.
Bailey: Yang, get in there and palpate his abdomen.

Cristina does what she's told.

Cristina: does this hurt anywhere?
Stu: no.
George: you fell from the sky. Five stories. And you only injured your leg.
Delilah: George.
George: no. Don't George me. A few seconds later, he would've landed on me or you.
Cristina: okay, rolling on three. 1,2,3.

We lift Stu to his side. I look at his back to see splattered feathers along with dried up blood.
Bailey: oh.
Cristina: are these feathers?
Delilah: sadly.
George: my life was saved by that pigeon.
Bailey: let's get some x-rays. And after that, you might want to get in there and look for the rest of Tweety.

George and Cristina takes Stu to x-ray then I run off to find my dad.

Delilah: hey to the hey hey!
Dad: there's my girl.

I loop my arm through my dad's then I walk down the hallway with him.

Dad: anything new?
Delilah: window washer fell from a fifth floor scaffolding.
Dad: ouch.

Suddenly, I hear a man's voice arguing with a nurse. As we get closer, I recognize the voice.
Weiss: I've already told you, I don't need an appointment. I'm not a patient; I am a friend from New York.
Der&Del: Weiss?
Weiss: Derek! I've been looking for you.

My dad and Weiss shake hands then he smiles when he sees me.

Weiss: Delilah? Is that really you?
Delilah: good to see you Weiss.

Weiss and his wife Savannah are old friends of my dad and Addison's. I always got along with them.

Weiss: you're growing up quickly. And hell, you still look like a copycat of your dad.
Delilah: I try my best.

The three of us go into an empty conference room and I make coffee for us all as we chat. Weiss starts talking about Savannah.

Weiss: a month ago, her mother died. Ovarian cancer.
Delilah: oh my gosh, Katherine died?

Weiss nods his head sadly.

Dad: we're sorry.
Weiss: that's Savvy, she's... I mean, you know how close they were. I mean, all she could think about was this breast and ovarian cancer gene.
Der&Del: BRACA.