Intro

Hi! My name is Delilah Catherine Shepherd. Last name sound familiar? Probably because my dad is Derek Shepherd, the most famous neurosurgeon in the country. My whole life, I've been known as "the daughter of Derek Shepherd". Anyways, I'm 24 years old, I'm from New York and for all my life, it's been just me and my dad. I've never met my birth mom because she left me after I was born. My birth mom got pregnant with me when she was only 14 years old and my dad was terrified but he was ready to step up and be a father, but my birth mother couldn't so she gave me to my dad to raise me on his own. Of course he was scared of being a single father, but he had my grandma and my four aunts to help him. My dad and I are best friends. We spend every minute of every day together, we tell each other and we don't keep secrets unless very necessary. The only mother figure I've ever really known was my dad's wife Addison. I'm very close to her. I don't actually call her mom but she's the best mother figure I have. Another great parent figure in my life is my godfather Mark Sloan. He's known my dad since they were kids, my grandma practically raised him. He spoils me rotten and he always has my back. Ever since I was born, both him and my dad have always been overprotective and I don't hate it at all, it's super cute and funny too. Anyways, I'm about to be a surgical intern at Seattle Grace Hospital. My dad and I both moved to Seattle for a fresh start. After my dad found Addison sleeping with Mark, he came to my apartment in tears. After finding out, we packed our bags and moved to Seattle. My dad took a position offered to him by the Chief of Surgery, Dr. Richard Webber, as a neurosurgeon Attending and he even offered me a spot in the surgical intern program and I obviously said yes. Let me take you on a ride along my intern journey.

Author's note:
Hello friends!! This is the first time I'm publishing fan fiction :) I've always written it in my notes on my phone for fun because I've always been scared to publish because I thought people would hate it so if you end up finding this, please tell me what you think because it would mean everything to me if I heard your opinion. If you like it, I'll continue writing :) and if you don't, I'll just delete the entire story. Anyways, have fun friends 😊

Adrienne xoxo