Chapter 65:

As I get ready for work, I get a text from my dad.

Text from: Coolest Dad Ever <3
How would you feel about your own room at Mer's house when the others move out?

Mer finally asked my dad to move in with her and he said yes and I'm very happy for them.

Text to: Coolest Dad Ever <3
I would love that :)

Once I was dressed, I make a stop for coffee then drive to the hospital. I change into my scrubs and lab coat then try to find Mer. I see her walking down the hall so I run up to her.

Delilah: hey!
Meredith: hey.

I was about to say something when I see Alex and Izzie and my dad run up to us.

Alex: when were you planning on telling us we had to move out?
Dad: when were you planning on telling them to move out?
Izzie: Meredith, hey, look, I made this especially for you.

Meredith takes the muffin but I steal a bite.

Dad: it's a zoo, a frat house, with Alex and his parade of women...
Izzie: his parade of skanks.
Alex: whatever. Am I apartment hunting or what?
Meredith: I don't know. I have to think about it.

I walk into the elevator and make my way to the meeting. I see Cristina and I make my way to sit with her.

Delilah: hey.
Cristina: hey baby Shepherd.
Delilah: so, my dad expects Alex and Izzie to move out of Mer's place.

I see Meredith coming so I sit on the other side of Cristina.

Meredith: so, Derek wants Alex and Izzie to move out.
Cristina: well, since when does he say "jump" and you jump?
Meredith: well, I'm happy.
Cristina: I'd be pissed off. But, you know, do whatever you want.
Delilah: Mer, I know you like having Izzie and Alex as roommates but as much as it's gonna suck, they're gonna have to move out if you want to start a life with my dad.
Cristina: you want them to move out so you can have your own room.
Delilah: not true! Shh, Chief's talking now.
Webber: listen up everyone. We're busy people so I'm gonna try and be brief. I am implementing a new teaching protocol here at Seattle Grace. Now, some of these rules are new, and some are old and are going to be newly enforced. First, second and third year residents will no longer be allowed to de facto specialize. To practice interferes with the development of a fully rounded surgical education. No more. Personal relationships, personal loyalties and personal favourites will no longer be a factor in our training program. Attendings, you will spread your wealth of knowledge equally among all of the residents. In addition, we will refocus our attention on patient communication and bedside manner. For some of us, this means learning the lost art of humanity and compassion. For others, this means learning how to treat patients without becoming emotionally involved with them.

I couldn't help but stifle a laugh at the ladder statement. Take notes Izzie.

Webber: this is a surgical program. Psychiatry is on the fifth floor. Let's not confuse the two. In addition, residents, your interns reflect on you. If they fail, you fail. If they succeed, you succeed. Attendings, that goes for residents as well. Teach with enthusiasm. Learn with enthusiasm. We are surgeons. We cut out malignancies. Let's start at home people.

Once the meeting was over, I bolt out of the room to catch George before his exam retake. I find him sitting in the conference room.

Delilah: hey you.
George: hey!
Delilah: thought I'd catch you before you retake your exam. How are you feeling?
George: I feel... okay.
Delilah: you can do this Georgie-kins, I believe in you. You used my flash cards, you've got this in the bag. And when you pass, I have a special gift waiting for ya.
George: you got me something if I passed?
Delilah: when you pass. You've got this mi amor. Now, I have to go work but come find me when you're done. Good luck Georgie-kins!