1. Intruder

It's been a long day at work and all you want to do is get home, eat some dinner and sleep. You work in customer service and all anyone has done all day is yell at you.You don't have a car so you're walking on the sidewalk and you're about a block from your house. It's late January though and nearing the worst of the winter so you're freezing with only a jacket to keep you warm.

The wind circles you making you even colder. You flip the hood up on your jacket and shove your hands in your pockets. It doesn't help much. You're shivering now. You run the final stretch to your house and up the stairs of your front porch.

You fumble to get the keys out of your pocket and unlock the door with your trembling hands. You get inside and practically slam the door behind you locking it out of habit.

You swiftly walk to the couch and grab your favorite blanket and wrap it around yourself. You lean against the back of the couch enjoying the little bit of warmth.

"Cold?"

You spin around to the direction of the male voice, no one's there.

"What the hell?"

You say out loud.

Maybe I've just been living alone for too long

Your just about convinced that it wasn't real when a man appears inches in front of you. You Yelp and fall backwards over the back of your couch. Barely managing to catch yourself.

"Who the-"

As you right your self you get a good look at him and loose your words.

He's gorgeous. He has deep green eyes that practically stare right through your soul, he has raven hair that's down to his shoulders. He's tall and slender and wearing golden armor, dark green leather, and a lighter green cape. He looks like someone straight out of a movie.

Your previous shivering is gone and your whole body quickly heats up.

He smirks,

"Darling, are you aware that you're starting?"

You make eye contact

"Oh dear that blush is adorable"

You avert your gaze timidly.

He runs a hand softly down your cheek and your eyelids droop just a fraction of a centimeter. A soft sigh escapes your lips. In this moment it's as if you've known him an eternity, and there's no one you'd rather be with.

He tips your chin up towards him making you meet his eyes.

"n/n?"

Suddenly you snap out of it and shake yourself out of the trance.

"What are you doing in my house?! Get out!"

It's not like you to yell but you're tired and overwhelmed. He takes a step closer and you realize just how much bigger that you he is. Fear starts to inch it's way up your spine

"Are you sure that's what you want, pet?"

You swallow hard before shoving him away from you and taking a few steps away still facing him.

'Who does this guy think he is?'

You hear a crash outside and look towards the window, when you look back he's gone. You turn in a circle looking around. You don't see him.

'Good riddance I guess'

You sit down on the couch but can help feeling somewhat disappointed. Something about him intrigues you. You pick your blanket up off the floor and set it on the couch with a sigh. Suddenly you feel cold breath on your ear

"I knew you didn't really want me to leave"

You jump up and spin around, suddenly very annoyed

"no, NO, this is MY house, I don't know you, it's been a long day, get out."

He only smirks,

"How about an introduction then (y/n), I am Loki, of Asgard"

Asgard, that sounds familiar, where have you heard that before? '

Wait, how does he know my name'

You take a step back away from him.

"H-how do you know my name?"

He smirks again and it's really starting to get irritating.

"I'm hungry, where is your food?"

He suddenly turns and looks around.

You still don't understand why he's here or who he really is.

"I'm not feeding you! Get out of my house!"

With your words he disappears. You rub your temples, confused.

'You're just tired (y/n)'

you decide to skip dinner and head straight to bed. You head up to your room, change into pajamas and lie in bed. You fall asleep almost instantly.

~~
You wake up. The sun is shining through the window. You yawn and turn over in bed to meet familiar green eyes looking back at you. His early morning voice rumbles softly in your ears

"Good morning my love"

You kiss him lightly on the lips,

"Good morning my king"

You yawn and snuggle into him

"I don't want to get up yet"

He wraps his arms around you. He's about to say something when your bedroom door swings open. A little girl  comes bounding in, she can't be more than four or five. Your little girl. Her blue, black, and purple hair reminds you of a galaxy. She climbs up onto the bed with you and Loki and starts jumping up and down.

"Mommy Daddy wake up! Clint made pancakes! You gotta come get some before uncle Thor eats them all!"

You and Loki laugh. Loki replies

"Okay okay we're coming"
~~

You wake up. It's still dark out. Your dream is confusing. Where did that come from? Is it bad that you wish it was real? You stop your train of thought. 'Last night couldn't have been real, people don't just appear' you sigh and drag yourself out of bed. You are very hungry from skipping lunch and dinner yesterday.

You head downstairs and pour yourself a bowl of your favorite cereal. Though pancakes sound really good right about now. You sit down at the table with your cereal and yawn, you're glad it's your day off. You finish your cereal and put the bowl in the sink.

Right as you sit down on your couch you hear a knock at the door. You sigh and stand back up. When you open the door You see two men standing on your porch. They seem friendly enough. One is a fairly normal looking guy wearing a fancy looking three piece suit with brown hair and sunglasses. The other though.. he's blond and wearing tight red white and blue spandex and there's some kind of thing on his back. You realize you must've been making a face when the one in the suit says,

"you shouldn't've worn the spandex capcicle"

in an i-told-you-so kind of tone.

"I thought it would give a good impression"

"Maybe if she knew who you were, which she doesn't"

The one with the fancy suit then turns back to you,

"my name is Tony Stark, and this is Steve Rodgers"

the names sound vaguely familiar but you can't figure out why.

"Umm, hello."

You're not really sure what to do.

"We'd like to speak with you if that's alright"