1 John 1:9

1 John 1:9

NIV: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

NLV: If we tell Him our sins, He is faithful and we can depend on Him to forgive us of our sins. He will make our lives clean from all sin.

Meaning: We all make mistakes, sin, mess up, do things we shouldn't ect. It's part of being human. Ever since Adam and Eve ate that fruit from the forbidden tree, sin entered the world. We sin daily in our lives and this verse says that God is faithful and we can know he forgives us of our sins! Jesus payed the price on that cross and he died for all of our sins, so we are forgiven! Yet when we purposely know we did something wrong.... Are we still forgiven? How does that work? And the answer is yes. That's how great God's love is for us! Jesus blood was powerful enough to wash away every single one of our sins and we are never beyond forgiveness! But asking God for forgiveness isn't a joke, it's important that you are sincere and aren't "mocking" God in a way. If you are doing something wrong, and you know it's wrong, look and see why you are doing it, what's the cause of you to do that even though you know it's wrong, what's tempting you? Ask God to help you overdone that temptation! "So in short, God is always ready to forgive, but we must never get complacent about sin and think it doesn't matter. " This is a great conclusion I found on a website (http://christianity.net.au/questions/god-continue-forgive) that perfectly fit this!

In order to repent, you just need to talk to God about what you've done, ask for his forgiveness and you are forgiven! What an awesome, faithful God!

Have a great night :)

-Katie