Psalm 54:6-7

Psalm 54:6-7

NIV: I will sacrifice a freewill offering to you;
I will praise your name, Lord, for it is good.
You have delivered me from all my troubles,
and my eyes have looked in triumph on my foes.

NCV: I will offer a sacrifice as a special gift to you.
I will thank you, Lord, because you are good.
You have saved me from all my troubles,
and I have seen my enemies defeated.

Meaning: I will sacrifice something to the Lord without expecting anything in return! Your doing it for the glory of God! You will praise his name because you know its good. You won't care what other people think. For you have helped me through my time of need, and saved me from all the evil in the world so this is my way of trying to pay you back, even though what you do for me is priceless! Some people try to do good things and hope to receive something back from God. But that's not how it works. As Christians you want to do good things just to be kind to one another and to think of others first!

Call to action: Sacrifice something that's getting in the way of your time with God. Whether its a sport, game, electronic device or even friends. Spend less time with those things and start to spend more time with God. Don't let those things get in your way, you need to always make time for the Lord. After all, he sent his son to die for us, the least you could do is talk to him and pray to him or read Your bible everyday.

**If you can play an instrument or like to sing, find a worship sing you like and learn it so you can just sing or play it by yourself, its a great way to spend time with God, worshiping him.**
-Megan