John 9:1-4

John 9:1-4

NIV: As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" "Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.

Meaning: Often we ask ourselves, why do bad things happen to good people? If God really loves us, why dose he put suffering and sadness in our lives. This was exactly how I felt three years ago when my beloved Grandmother died and how I continue to feel because of my peanut allergy. I became angry, asking God why I was out through pain and why I was "cursed" with this allergy. But God tells us, bad things do happen for a reason and like Jeremiah 29:11 says, he has a plan for each of us. God had put challenges and obstacles in our lives to glorify him. Through the death and tough time of my grandmothers death, I was pulled closer to God. I'm not exactly sure what the purpose of my allergy is but I'll find out some day. Each obstacle is put in our life for us to show God to others, and for us to grow in Christ. It might seem bad now but I promise it will get better. Trust God, he knows exactly what he's doing, you'll realize in due time.

Have a super night guys, y'all are gems<3

-Taylor