Proverbs 25:20

NCV: Singing songs to someone who is sad is like taking away his coat on a cold day or pouring vinegar on soda.

NIV: Like one who takes away a garment on a cold day, or like vinegar poured on a wound, is one who sings songs to a heavy heart.

Meaning: This verse is talking about gossiping. Imagine someone gossiping about you to your best friend and your best friend just stands there and takes it all in and listens. That would hurt you a lot wouldn't it? How about instead, your best friends walks away and ends the conversation. That would make you feel good right? Gossip hurts people and their self esteem. Some people crave to spread and gossip all around. That's what they live for. Putting down others. You don't want to be a part of that, you don't want to be talking bad about others because if it was others talking bad about you, you wouldn't like it either. DO UNTO OTHER AS YOU WOULD WANT DONE TO YOU. Remember that. Are you a gossip starter, or a gossip ender?

Take Action: Honestly just next time you hear people talking behind others backs walk away and dont get into it. all it does is cause trouble. If a friend finds out you didn't stick up for them it can cause fights. Gossip just ruins things. Its best to stay out of all of it except when sticking up for your friends. Be loyal to them, friends always have each other backs. Especially in these situations.

♡Megan♡