Romans 12:1

Today's Verse: Romans 12:1

NIV: Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.

NCV: So brothers and sisters, since God has shown us great mercy, I beg you to offer your lives as a living sacrifice to him. Your offering must be only for God and pleasing to him, which is the spiritual way for you to worship.

2 summers ago Taylor and I memorized this chapter at a fantastic camp we went to called Conestoga Bible Camp!... and these verses are still in the back of my mine today! I interpret this verse in a few ways. Firstly, I think that is it telling us that we as Christians need to not just say yeah I'm a Christian, but live it out! Shine a light for Jesus in this world of darkness!! Be a living sacrifice and completely surrender and sacrifice our lives to Jesus!:) The other part of this verse "holy and pleasing to God," is the next part. Our bodies should be pleasing to God-the way we talk, dress, act and interact with the people around us! The verse concludes by saying this is the true way to worship which I think means by doing this, you are bringing glory to God's name!

Take Action: Make sure that the way you dress, act, the choices you make etc. would be pleasing to God and would reflect the person he created us to be! This is definitely a great verse to have in the back of your mind for those times when you are trying to make a desicion... remember that it should be holy and pleasing to God!

**Hope all you lovelies are having a wonderful week! So I've decided to start using my real name on Wattpad which is...Katie!:) So I will be signing off with that from now on!

God blessss

-Katie