Deuteronomy 11:1

Deuteronomy 11:1

NIV: Love the Lord your God and keep his requirements, his decrees, his laws and his commands always.

NKJV:"Therefore you shall love the Lord your God, and keep His charge, His statutes, His judgments, and His commandments always.

Meaning: Obedience is something that is very important in life, not only for daily things and the people around us, but most importantly, to obey our Heavenly Father! There are so many laws in the bible, and some of them in the Old Testament we are not required to follow. But, rules like love your neighbour as yourself and "You shall have no other gods before me." still apply to us.

"We can't just do what we want... obedience is required in a life of a believer!" This is something thing our speaker said last week that really stuck with me! We can't just do our own thing, we need our Heavenly Father and he also requires us to follow his laws and his rules.

Take Action: What is your level of commitment to obedience? {a question we were challenged with} Are you wiling to give up everything to obey our loving God? No one said this would be easy, but it is very, very rewarding! Also, do you tend to pick and chose what things you obey? Do you show love to a few people, but not the people who may bother you {love your neighbour as yourself}We need to be sure we have register our level of commitment to obedience and obey God in all that we do!

Jesus loves you all :)

-Katie