1 Peter 2:11-12

Today's verse: 1 Peter 2:11-12

NIV: Dear friends, I urge you, as foreigners and exiles, to abstain from sinful desires, which wage war against your soul. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.

NCV: Dear friends, you are like foreigners and strangers in this world. I beg you to avoid the evil things your bodies want to do that fight against your soul. People who do not believe are living all around you and might say that you are doing wrong. Live such good lives that they will see the good things you do and will give glory to God on the day when Christ comes again.

Meaning: I think this is a super cool, meaningful verse that really relates to our everyday lives. As Christians, we really are strangers to the world. We defy normal and don't go with what everyone else thinks. As Christians, are home land isn't here on earth, it's heaven! The world and the worldly people in it are always trying to get us to defy Christian lifestyle! We all just gotta remember what deep down in our soul, God wants. We live amongst pagans (meaning non Christians.) Obviously they don't know God, but we must show them! Live such good, loving lives that they will want to get to know God! Like the verse says, strive to live so even though the pagans that point fingers at us and accuse us of doing wrong, that they will worship and respect our Father when he returns! After all, one of your biggest Christian life Missions (as I like to call them) is to bring people to God and to "shine a light for him."

Take action: This is just one of those verses that you HAVE TO memorize! It's too good not to! Especially when you come into a situation where some Christian encouragement is needed! This is one of those verses you can repeat to yourself when you come to a sticky or everyday situation!

••Like Megan said in yesterday's post, our soccer tournament is going so great! We didn't have the greatest season but we've pulled it all together in the tournament, when it really counts! I wrote this early before our first game at 10:00 AM! So Katie should be able to update you in our next post! Your support is greatly appreciated! God Bless all you lovely people <3

-Taylor