Romans 1:16

Today's verse: Romans 1:16

NIV: For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

NKJV: For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

Meaning: This world is filled with so many different types of people with a variety of backgrounds and nationalities and all that! But just because someone is "different" then you or I, doesn't mean that they cannot be part if Gods spiritual family! Like this verse clearly says, the gospel is salvation to everyone who believes. Not matter who you are or where you come from, what Jesus did on the cross he did for all of us, every single person!! And he wants all of us to accept Him into our hearts. I also want to talk about the first part if this verse- "I am NOT ASHAMED of the gospel, because it is to power of God..." It's so so important that we do not hide our faith or be ashamed of what we believe in! Stand firm and don't let the ways of the world change you!

"God's love is for everybody, everyone around the world, me and you and all God's people from across the street to around the world!" These words are from a song that I've sung many times at camp and is one that fits in with this verse. The bible is full of stories and scenarios where Jesus reaches out to the people who are 'different' or that people looked down upon. A story that comes to mind is when he meets the Samaritan women at the well and tells he that he gives the water of life! The love of God is for everyone, you and me and all Gods people!

Reach out to those around you and spread Gods love regardless of where they come form, what they look like, etc. Jesus loves them and we ought to too. Don't be ashamed of your faith, shine a light for Him :)

Hope you had a lovely weekend and remember to show Gods love wherever you go!

-Katie