Psalm 7:14-17

Psalm 7:14-17

NCV:
There are people who think up evil and plan trouble and tell lies.
They dig a hole to trap others,
but they will fall into it themselves.
They will get themselves into trouble;
the violence they cause will hurt only themselves.
I praise the Lord because he does what is right.
I sing praises to the Lord Most High.

NIV:
Whoever is pregnant with evil
conceives trouble and gives birth to disillusionment.
Whoever digs a hole and scoops it out
falls into the pit they have made.
The trouble they cause recoils on them;
their violence comes down on their own heads.
I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness;
I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High.

Meaning: This is sort of long but I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately some people out there are devious enough to try and trick us and make us do the wrong things. But thankfully we serve an amazing God who can save us from all that evil stuff. God is our protector and he protects us from the people who are trying to bring us down. Becuase we are being rescued, they fall into it themselves. We know God is with us. Anything that people say about us shouldn't offend us too much. Obviously some things will a little. But because we know God doesnt think it, it shouldnt matter. People that try to bring us down get mad when it doesnt work. When we have no reaction to it. Eventually sometimes they get caught. They get in trouble and because we didnt do the same back, we didnt get in trouble. All we gained was praise from God! Like the saying "do unto other as you would want done to you" God is fair, he does what he knows is right! So remember to do what you know is right.

-Megan