Harry Hook X Reader [Behind The Scenes]

Harry Hook x Reader [Behind The Scenes]

Fourth wall break? Not really but it's close enough. Everyone ships Harry with Uma and Reader chan is upset by this for obvious reasons. No one knows that reader-chan and Harry are dating, they decided to keep it secret. Why? You're the reader, you tell me.

    I yawned and stretched, sitting behind the counter. My eyes were still heavy, and it was goddamn 11am. Harry walked over and raked in my appearance.
    "You need to get more sleep, you're constantly tired." he said with a smirk tugging at his face.
    "Mm, I would if SOMEONE hadn't kept me up all night." I said, resting my head in my palms.
    Harry chuckled and started to respond, when Uma walked over.
    "Hey Harry, can you give me a hand with something?"
    He nodded and walked around the counter to Uma. A crewmember saw Harry and Uma within a five foot radius and smirked. She walked behind Uma and pushed her into Harry. She squeaked and grabbed Harry's shirt for balance. The crewmember giggled and bounced on her toes.
    "Ah! I ship!" she squealed.
    Uma flushed red, Harry frowned, and my heart sunk.
    "OMG! You're blushing! You obviously like him!"
    Uma rolled her eyes and let go of Harry. He shot a glance at me, but I refused to meet his gaze. I fixed my eyes on my hands and held my breath. Uma walked into the back, saying something about no longer needing Harry's help. Harry and I were dating, though no one knew it. We thought it was best to keep it secret, at least until it got more serious. Besides, I liked being secretive. Harry sighed and walked past me, ruffling my hair. A smile broke through on my face and I lifted my head. The crewmember sat down next to me and looked off to where Uma had left. Cress, I think her name was.
    "Don't Harry and Uma make a good couple?" she said.
    "What makes you think that?" I said, suppressing a whimper.
    "Well think about it! Whenever I talk about it Uma turns bright red, signifying she has a crush on him. They have complementing qualities, and I can't really see him with anyone else. Everyone thinks they'd be good together."
    My leg started bouncing when she said this.
    "Don't you think it's for him to decide and not 'everyone?'"
    Cress narrowed her eyes at me.
    "Why are you getting so defensive?"
    "I-I'm not! I just . . . I don't know."
    Cress looked at me suspiciously but said nothing else of the matter. I stood up and walked out of the shop to take a walk. I passed by alleyways and ducked into one of them for some random reason. I sighed, trying not to let Cress's words get to me. Something pressed against my back and I froze.
    "Take off your clothes and give me all your money." said a familiar voice.
    "Very funny Harry," I said, turning to face the pirate. "You're lucky I waited and didn't just punch you in the face."
    He chuckled and grabbed me by my waist, pulling towards him. I giggled and kissed him. When I pulled away, my heart clenched again. Harry saw my face fall and held my chin between his fingers.
    "Love?"
    "After you left, Cress said that you were perfect for Uma, and that she couldn't see you with anyone else." I paused and shut my eyes, stopping myself from crying. "Why are you with me? She's so much better than me, she's PERFECT for you!" I half shouted the last part.
    Harry suddenly pulled me into him, holding the back of my head, pressing my forehead into his chest. I felt him kiss my head and my entire body went limp. My breathing was ragged and my heart was beating fast.
    "I love you, and only you. If I wanted to be with Uma, which I don't, I wouldn't be with you just to break your heart, or lead you on. Ok?"
    I nodded, refusing to let go. He chuckled and picked me up, letting me wrap my legs around his waist. He held me for a moment or two before I let go and wiped my eyes.
    "Do you wanna tell people that we're dating? Maybe they'll stop once they know I'm in a relationship."
    I laughed at this.
    "Yeah, they'll stop. But they'll turn on me immediately. Saying how I'll never be good enough and how Uma's better than me." I said.
    Harry frowned.
    "They wouldn't do that . . ."
    "Not to you. You're strong and popular. I'm a shy bean that's an easy target." I said, rolling my eyes.
    He looked at the ground and I smiled sadly. We walked out of the alleyway, and Uma stopped and looked at us.
    'Shit.' I thought, anxiety creeping up my spine.
    Uma looked back and forth between me and Harry. She glanced down and saw my hands intertwined with his.
    "Are you guys . . . dating?" she said quietly.
    I bit my lip and squared my shoulders, nodding slightly. She squealed and ran up to me, pulling me into a hug.
    "Congrats you guys! How long has it been going on? Why didn't you tell me? You guys are so good together!"
    A smile pulled at my lips at the last bit.
    "R-Really? Everyone says you and Harry belong together . . ."
    "Oh hun! Is that why you kept it a secret? Because of the shipping?"
    Harry let go of my hand and snaked his arm around my waist as I nodded. She pulled me into another hug.
    "Harry's like a brother to me, ok?" she said quietly into my ear, making me hug her back.
    She pulled away with a smile, then turned to Harry.
    "And you! I can't believe you didn't tell me! I thought we were friends." she said, fake swooning.
    Harry rolled his eyes with a laugh. He kissed my forehead and I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I smiled and pulled his collar down, pulling his down lips to mine. I was so blissfully happy, I could barely hear Uma's intense cheers from the background.