He didn't know how to take it

Trigger Warning
Morgan's Perspective

Morgan loved her older brother, Harley, and her two dads, Tony and Steve. And Morgan loved Peter just as much when she first met him, knowing that he was her family, even if she had just met him.

That day, Morgan could feel the worry everyone around her was radiating. It made her confused as she looked around for Peter, finding that he wasn't there, and eventually her Dad, Tony, was gone as well. Morgan felt even more worry when she was eating dinner. Harley barely ate his sandwich and her Papa, Steve, looked very antsy and tired.

Morgan went to her room when Steve got a call, waiting at her window for Peter to come home. Morgan just wanted to ask Peter why everyone was so fidgety and anxious that day. Instead of seeing Peter, Morgan saw the Iron Man suit fly through the air beside her window.

A few moments after that, Harley came into her room, sitting on her bed. Morgan turned around, waiting for Harley to start talking. "Huh, Bambino, Papa needs to see us in his room. And it has something to do with Peter, so I need you to promise me to be calm, okay? Dad and Papa are already anxious enough, and we don't want to make them feel worse."

Morgan nor Harley knew what was actually wrong, so they couldn't keep that promise when Steve started talking about how Peter tried to kill himself after his aunt died. Morgan felt tears rush to her eyes as she asked her questions, not understanding why Peter didn't just come to talk to them. She looked up at her Papa from her spot curled up in his lap.

Steve explained that as well, tears shining in his own eyes. After that, Steve went to Peter's room with Morgan and Harley waiting outside the door. Harley grabbed onto Morgan's hand, squeezing it tightly as Morgan wiped her tears away.

Tony and Steve came out, telling Harley he needed to make sure nothing happened. Morgan didn't understand what they met at first, but after a few seconds, Morgan understand what they met. Did Peter still want to kill himself?

When they walked in, Morgan ran to Peter, wrapping her arms around his neck, trying to reassure him. When Morgan pulled back, she saw the tear stained eyes of her brother who tried to smile at her.

"I really do love you, Petey, please stay with me," Morgan said, her chin wobbling as she tried to keep her own tears from spilling out. She wanted to be strong for Peter, but that was hard. And it got even harder when Peter started sobbing again, mumbling how he was sorry.

"It isn't your fault," Harley said sitting next to Peter on the bed, wrapping his arms around both of his siblings. Peter stopped talking, but he kept crying in Morgan's hair. And Morgan couldn't stop herself, she started crying in Peter's shoulder. Harley tried to stay composed, but tears came down his cheeks against his own will.

Together the kids were crying into each other, albeit Peter and Morgan were sobbing while Harley just had a few tears. Morgan looked Peter in the eye, pulling away from him. "You're my brother, Petey, you're my family. And you can't change that, so please don't try."

"I love you, too, Morgan. And it's an honor to be your brother," Peter said, his sobs slowing down until he was just crying. Peter wiped Morgan's tears off her face. Peter looked at Harley then, "I love you, too, Harley."

"I love both of you," Harley said wiping his own tears off, hugging them both tight. Morgan smiled in the warm embrace of both of her brothers.

And that's how Peter got adopted.