Sunshine

Oh my it has been QUITE awhile!!

For: hufflepuffIronStark
An alternate ending, eh?

****

The soft melodic piano sounded across the silent compound, reaching to every room, every corner. The sound danced around the remnants of lost objects, their owners trapped in a world where they could not follow. The naive song didn't know, however, and it gracefully swam around the haunting pictures of people that would never hear the song again.

The song player knew better, and tears his filled his eyes as his fingers pressed gently on the white and black keys of the large piano. The player sang lowly, their whispers remaining trapped in the room for only him to hear, unlike the instrumental that soared outwards.

"You are my sunshine," He started, his heart twisting painful as he thought of his parents, the man and woman that Peter never remembered but felt the need to live up to. They were famous scientists, and secret SHIELD agents, their legacies were a hard thing for the boy to swallow, but it was he had left of them.

"My only sunshine," His mind switched to the man that acted like his father, even if it wasn't biologically. His Uncle Ben meant the world to him, and Peter would trade his life in a heartbeat just for that man to grace the Earth with his presence for just a few more minutes. His inner strength and wisdom were assets to Peter on the daily, and now the man was gone.

"You make me happy~" There was one person who made Peter feel the happiest, even if she was just smiling at him. Gwen Stacy was a brilliant young woman that helped Peter with whatever challenges laid before him, and she was a pleasant person to be around. Her angelic laugh and mischievous smile made Peter's heart skip beats, and when she was near he was every shade of red known to man. Her death was Peter's fault, because he got reckless and tried to save her from a long fall with his web. Why wasn't he smart enough to realize that wouldn't work?

"When skies are gray," The sky cackled with lightning and thunder when Aunt May took her final breath. The older woman was Peter's support, and she held him together through everything. She was the glue that kept his wild life from racing away from his grasp. She was there in Peter's darkest moments, becoming Peter's lifeline, even when herd flatlined.

"Please don't take my sunshine away." The Avengers. Earth's mightiest heroes. They saw pathetic Peter Parker and the reckless Spider-Man and made him part of their odd family. They were there in his nightmares, his panic attacks, but they also shared his fondest memories, like when the mayor gave him a medal of honor. It was plain cruel that they all died, even when he was caught in the same explosion.

Peter stopped playing, his tears bursting forth with such force Peter fell in on himself. He couldn't deal with it. The suffering that he quietly went through, trying to keep it together for those he had left, even if he just wanted to push them away for fear that they would die as well. Peter wanted to let go, but Parker Luck would never allow it. Any suicide attempt would lead to the old mistress of fate laughing at him for wanting to escape it all. Peter was left to fight his pain, day in and day out, until fate got tired of him. Until he was thrown away.

That fate took everything Peter loved. Squashed out every hope and every ounce of a will to live that Peter released a shaky breath, tapping the keys one more time so the song filled the air.

But they took my sunshine away....