On the Run

Should I start putting pictures up there ↑? But not just Spider-Man pictures, but just pictures I like? Also, look at that one it's hilarious!

Also Pietro didn't die, but he didn't join the Avengers until after Peter left.

****

Morgan was still a baby when it happened. Pepper was holding Morgan in the nursery with Tony in front of Pepper, holding her. The room was dark except for a lamp beside the crib. Peter was staring in through the crack of the door.

Peter turned to walk across the hall to the open window. He ducked out, walking down the roof, before jumping off to swing through the trees. This wasn't his home, if he stayed they would die eventually. But if he left, they would get to live. Parker Luck was his, not there's.

Peter went on the run then. He went from hotel to hotel, getting small jobs here and there. He stopped going at as Spider-Man, but he still did acts of kindness. He rarely stayed in one place at a time, more like a week or two in one area and then he'd be off again, staying one step ahead of the police that were trying to find him. He was, in all merits, a missing person. He changed his name to Colby Bush, with the help of a guy who could change his identity for a price.

Peter, or Colby as he was now, went around like this for half a year. The only time he had seen Tony, Pepper, Morgan, or any of the Avengers was on TV or the occasional pass by. Peter Parker was gone to the people who once loved him more than anything.

Colby Bush walked outside one day to go find a new job. He didn't need one since he had cash stashed away, but he liked to stay ahead of his finances. Colby passed by an alleyway, but he saw someone in there. When his selflessness got the better of him, he went to see if he could help.

The man laying there had white as snow hair with a blue suit on. The man had some pretty nasty cuts and bruises on him, with blood covering the side of him. Colby didn't know who the man was, but he still helped the half conscious man up, leading him back to the hotel Colby was staying at.

Colby sat the man down on the bed, and called for extra towels and warm soup from the room service. While that was coming up, Colby used the towels he did have to clean up the wounds. Colby used the extra towels to wrap up the wounds, especially the side one that turned out to be a stab wound.

The man slowly woke up, and was only fully awake when Colby got done. The man seemed scared of Colby at first, but Colby just smiled at him and helped him it the soup. "My name is Colby Bush, who are you?"

"I'm, uhh, Pietro. Pietro Maximoff," The man said with an accent, not entirely sure if he should have said that. But this Colby character seemed friendly enough, his smiles genuine. Colby took of Pietro all day, not noticing how Pietro healed fast because he had fast healing as well. Sometimes Colby forgot about that fact because he wasn't Spider-Man or Peter Parker anymore.

Pietro came on the run with Colby after those few days of being together. Colby said he had to keep moving, though he didn't explain why, and Pietro just told him he would come with him. Colby was hesitant at first, but he eventually caved in and Pietro came with him.

Pietro actually made some money, too. He got a job as a janitor, and was always said to clean faster than any other janitor. Of course, people didn't know how fast Pietro was going, Colby included. Colby mostly worked at stores, restaurants, and cafes. He made decent money with that, less than Pietro since the man could clean over fifty buildings a night, but it was a steady enough in come.

It was two months after their first encounter when the Avengers finally found Pietro. Tony and Wanda were able to track down the Maximoff, and showed up at the hotel room. They broke down the door to find Pietro eating something while laying on the pillows while another male was sitting at the foot also eating something. They were both watching something on the TV.

Colby reacted first, throwing his food at them while jumping up, his fists raised, ready for combat. Pietro recognized the Avengers, and quickly pulled the blanket back, he didn't want the Avengers to hurt his friend, who grew on him like a brother. "Hey, guys!" 

"Peter?" Tony said his mask raising up as he slowly touched down on the ground. His suit opened up so he could walk out, but Tony didn't make a move to go near the teenager. He assumed Pietro was kidnapped, not here with him.

"No, no, this is my friend, Colby Bush. He saved me after our big battle two months ago," Pietro said stepping inbetween Colby and the Avengers. But Colby just sighed.

"No, Pietro, his right. My real name is Peter. Peter Parker. When we met I had already adopted the name Colby Bush, but my actually name is Peter. I ran away from them."

"I- we thought you had died. We spent weeks trying to find you, but you just went off the grid," Tony said as Pietro stepped away. Now that the man thought about it, Colby did remind Pietro of someone that was in a photograph in Stark Tower.

"I adopted a new name, never stayed in one place too long. All the things Nat and Bucky taught me," Peter or Colby said with no smile or frown on his face. But his eyes held the real story, guilt and sadness graced their edges with a bittersweet homesickness and longing in the center.

Part two?