I'm Sorry

The final part of the Peter is Evil. I really enjoyed writing this, and I hoped you enjoyed reading this.

***

"Dad?"

"Peter?" Tony said stepping out of the elevator as soon as he heard Peter's voice. The inventor looked down to see the watery eyes of Peter Parker who stared up at him. Tony ran over, bringing the boy in a hug. Tony was crying tears of joy while Peter was muttering how sorry he was.

"Don't be sorry, Pete, it's not your fault. It's mine," Tony said, pulling back to stare at the teenager with tear stained cheeks. Tony wiped away the tears, Peter refusing to look up at him, guilt consuming his mind. "Peter, it's not your fault."

"I can't believe I let him take over my life," Peter said shaking his head. Tony just pulled Peter into another hug. Peter looked up to see the shocked but happy faces of Clint, Natasha, and Wanda. They were holding the elevator doors open for the pair.

"Come on, we have to go help Steve and the others," Peter whispered, standing up, pulling Tony up with him. Tony out his arm around Peter, the latter pressing himself into Tony's side as they walked into the elevator, going down.

***

The damage was cleaned up, all shadow spirits were captured or gone. The only person who no one knew the whereabouts of was the Shadow King, who had disappeared after the fight.

New York healed, even if Peter didn't. The teen refused to be Spider-Man, refused to even talk about heroes. Peter was quiet, the guilt slowly eating him up even if the Avengers tried to help him. The guilt was as dark as the shadows, infecting his thoughts to make them poison.

Tony always reassured Peter it wasn't his fault, but he could see better than anyone how this was breaking Peter. The boy couldn't sleep without nightmares, and every time Peter closed his eyes, he could see the shadows eating him up. Peter could feel the darkness around him, reaching out to take him again.

But after a while, Peter got better, seeing the light even in the darkness. Spider-Man became a frequent hero of NYC. The old cheerful Peter was back, and the darkness no longer could take him.

But the Shadow King was out there, a smirk on his lips as he plunged the sword in the Angel, her war cry chasing away the light in that alleyway, the shout ringing out so far that Spider-Man heard it and came to investigate. Upon seeing the king, Peter was hit with flashbacks of his past.

"I did what I needed to do, Peter Parker. And I do hope you can fight the darkness," The Shadow King said as shadow spirits wrapped around him, dragging him to a realm of darkness. But the shadows started to climb upward on Peter, trying to infect him yet again.

Echoes of screams swirled around Peter, making him but his knees. Blurry figures of hallucinations jumped around his vision, people Peter didn't want there. Spider-Man tried to run out of the alleyway, the shadows sticking to him like goop. Spider-Man ran, as far away as he could, as fast as he could. The shadows didn't budge though, making Peter darker as the shadows climbed into his eyes, blinding him from the light he tried so hard to keep.

****

Peter sat up in his bed, breathing heavy. It was a nightmare, the shadows weren't back. Peter stared at the clock beside him noting how it was only one AM. Something was making Peter uncomfortable in his room. 

Peter took a deep breath, stepping into the light of the hallway, not noticing the shadows that were growing on the wall beside his bed, rising like pure black vines.