Bruce

Part Three to Bucky and Natasha

****

Bruce sat in the room, taking in deep breaths as he tried to focus. He knew he had to keep the Hulk under control, but Bruce didn't know if he could do it. The rage he had been holding back for so long was running through his veins like acid, infecting everything it was touching.

"Excuse me, sir, may I get your assistance with something?" A voice startled Bruce to open his eyes. The voice was male, and didn't have an accent, so Bruce knew it wasn't FRIDAY, but who else would be stupid enough to talk to Bruce when he was keeping the Hulk at bay? 

That person was a teenage boy with brown hair and doe brown eyes. He had a soft smile on, his eyes almost closing because of the smile, with a piece of white paper and a pen in his hands. He wore a t-shirt, jacket, and jeans with tennis shoes, making Bruce realize he was an intern.

"I have this problem I can't solve, and I decided to come ask you," The teenager said walking deeper into the room, sitting in front of Bruce who was looking like he was meditating. Bruce couldn't speak as the boy showed him the paper, a single problem printed on it in black ink.

"I- Kid, you should get out of here. Like now, I'm sorry I can't help," Bruce said, trying to convince the kid to leave as the Hulk came raging into his head like a really bad migraine.

"You know what they say, right? There's more than one solution to the same problem," The teenager said looking up. Bruce saw in his eyes a different look, like the teenager was trying to tell him something. "And I thought you could be my other solution. Unless, you need my help with something."

"Look, Kid, I don't know..." Bruce started, but stopped when he realized how calm he was. For a few minutes, the Hulk seemed okay with being on the inside, with the control out of his grasp.

Bruce slowly gave a small smile as he grabbed the pen, working through the problem with a sort of ease. Everything just faded away, leaving only Bruce without any temptation from the Hulk.

"Thanks for the help, Mr. Banner, I couldn't have done it without your help. I hope you can figure out your situation, but maybe that just means you need a different way of achieving your goal," The teenager smiled, standing up while taking the paper and pen from Bruce.

The teenager walked towards the door, not stooping or even looking back to see if anything was happening to Bruce was was just dumbstruck. Bruce looked up just as the teenager was at the door, "Wait, what's your name?"

"Peter Parker," The boy said with a smile, turning his back ever so slightly to look at Bruce. After that, the teenager, Peter,walked out the door. The last Bruce saw of him was Peter throwing away the piece of paper in a trash can outside the door.

Bruce looked back at his hands, getting up as he realized he wasn't even tainted green. What did that boy mean by a new solution? Should Bruce try something different, like distracting himself from the Hulk?

Bruce looked around the shining blue room with walls that could keep the Hulk inside. How many times had he come in this room, with no one else there? What made this time any different? Was the Hulk at bay because of Peter being there, or was it because Bruce was distracted?

Bruce walked out of the room, one thought in his mind. Whatever the kid did, kept the Hulk, an Avenger, at bay, kept him from coming out and taking control.

How?