Plagues

It was the only way, while Peter was cooped up in the Tower, reigning over New York. The Avengers had to send th plagues, dislodging Peter's newfound political power. And it killed Tony to do so.

"Once I called you son, once I thought the chance to make you laugh was all I ever wanted. And even now, I wish that God had chose another, serving as your foe on his behalf is the last thing that I wanted," Tony sang reaches the edges of New York where the fires were blossomed as the people were fighting over everything that was left. Corrupted by the Shadow Kings "friends".

"This was my home, all this pain and devastation how it tortures me inside," Tony loved New York, and he didn't like the fate that had come upon it. "All the innocent who suffer from your stubbornness and pride!"

"He who I call son, why must you call down another foe? Let my people go!" Tony said not exactly meaning the words he was saying. But he said them none the less. "The save the Lord..."

Way up in the Tower, Peter watched by a balcony as everything happened. He didn't like what was happening in the slightest, and it was all the Avengers faults.

"Hear who I call father, how could you have come to hate me so? Is this what you wanted?" Could anyone want this? The place they call home laid to ruins, but Peter didn't care about the people. The people were meant to fear him, not for Peter to care about them.

"Then let my heart hardened, and nevermind how high the cost may grow, this will still be so: I will never let your people go," Peter called out into the night wind, unsure if he's words would reach the infamous Stark.

But together they sang, one in pain the other in anger. One trying to free the other from the prison they didn't know they were in. "(I will not) let your\my people.... Go!!"